Maintain grounds by mowing, weeding, cultivating, raking, and pruning shrubs, grass or plant ground cover; clean and maintain parking lots; install street posts and signs; maintain plant beds as well as observe and report diseases; shovel snow or other materials; load and unload trucks; and transport refuse or other materials as needed.
- Assist in lawn care & turf maintenance
- Picking litter
- Weeding beds
- Installing & fixing irrigation systems
- Snow removal (brooming, shoveling, de-icing, etc).
- Other tasks as assigned by supervision.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Must be able to perform a wide range of physical activities including pushing, pulling, kneeling reaching, etc.
- Must be able to read, write and understand English.
- Must be able to follow instructions.
- Your willingness to learn.
- Your desire to work OUTSIDE everyday.
- Ability to do repetitive tasks.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Strong work ethic.
Work schedules vary by crew. The majority of temporary employees work days Mon-Fri or Tues-Sat. Shifts usually run 6am-2:30pm or 7am-3:30pm and include a half hour unpaid lunch break.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.