-Teach both on-campus and on-line in the BS in Public Health and MPH programs, health tracks within MPA, MBA, and in our AUPHA certified undergraduate program
- Work with students and junior faculty in mentoring and career development
- Participate in regional and national health related professional organizations
- Participate in program development and leadership activities
- Engage in service activities, community outreach and local health service provider organizations
- Maintain an active scholarship program seeking external funding
It is possible that this job posting may be filled as ‘Assistant Professor’ if no qualified candidates meet Associate Professor criteria.
- Doctoral degree in Health related discipline with MPH, MPA, or related area.
- Academic background/expertise in one or more of the following: health care management, ambulatory care, long-term care, finance, health care operations/quality management, health information systems/informatics, marketing, managed care, health insurance and human resources.
- Record of strong scholarly achievement and potential for acquiring external funding
- Minimum 3 years successful college/university teaching experience
- Experience in or strong interest to teach on-line
- Strong record of working with undergrad and graduate students in advising, mentoring and career development
- Commitment to participate in academic program development and leadership opportunities
- Commitment to engage in service activities, community outreach and local, regional and national professional organizations
To Apply: Please submit a vita, names, addresses and telephone numbers of three references, and a statement of interest to: Dr. Suzanne Selig, Department of Public Health and Health Sciences, University of Michigan-Flint, Flint, Michigan 48502-1950 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax 810-762-3003. Applications will be reviewed upon receipt and continue until position is filled.
Previous administrative experience in public health practice setting highly desired
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.