How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
We work in multidisciplinary teams to create software solutions to support the research, education, and patient care mission of the Medical School. These solutions support and drive the education of future doctors, assist researchers in collaborating on the future of medicine, and improve the patient experience. We make a difference in the lives of the students, faculty, staff and patients while supporting the Medical School and its mission.
We work in an open collaboration space, where change and innovation are encouraged. Our user experience analysts must be able to leverage tools and techniques to understand user needs and work with a team to design software that solves business problems. As an advocate for our users, you will be empowered to constantly change the way that you and your teammates think about design. You will also be encouraged to promote good analysis and design principles throughout the entire organization, and to take the time to provide advice to a variety of teams.
- Discover, model, and communicate the business problem or user needs in order to drive solutions
- Identify and select best practices to apply to various projects and problems, and adapt them to an agile development methodology
- Provide guidance in implementing best design/usability practices
- Advocate for our users throughout the development progress and across the organization (strong influencing and negotiation skills!)
- Design solutions (in collaboration with the team) that solve the business problems and improve the lives of our users
- Communicate design to ensure alignment across the team to enable deliver (Provide guidelines/wireframes/mockups/graphics when appropriate)
- Gather feedback to help improve the solution provided
- Work as an integrated member of the development team
- B.A., B.S., M.A., or M.S. in related field
- 2-5 years of relevant experience
- Experience in software, product or web application development
- Strong influencing, negotiation, and communication skills
- Desire to work in a team based collaborative environment
- Passion for making the world better for your users
- Knowledge of best practices with regards to designing web-based interfaces (mobile a plus)
- Experience with User Centered Design (UCD) process and techniques
- Experience working with and adapting usability methods for use in an agile development environment
- An understanding of how design decisions impact development
University of Michigan Health System conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.