How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
We are a looking for a Senior User Experience Analyst to join the Software Delivery team within the Health Information Technology and Services organization. We provide business specific solutions for the entire Michigan Medicine organization. We’re looking for self-motivated problem solvers, who can help us craft and improve (digital/online) customer experiences, across devices and platforms, in a dynamic and collaborative environment. As a Senior UX Analyst you will work with faculty, researchers, product managers, and software engineers to develop and improve the products and services that support our organization’s mission. The mission of our organization is to enhance the education of future doctors, assist researchers in collaborating on the future of medicine, and improve the patient experience. Join a group of passionate designers engaged in the creation of custom software that make a difference in the lives of our medical students, faculty, staff, and patients.
- Embrace sharing the role of Product Owner with a product manager and technical lead
- Think at a high-level about product strategy, project and product roadmaps
- Act capably as a project manager when needed
- Advocate passionately for the needs and wants of users (while also tactfully balancing organizational and technology constraints)
- Negotiate effectively with stakeholders to balance business and user needs
- Enjoy designing experiences across multiple devices and platforms, from responsive web applications to mobile apps
- Ground your design work in observation, research, and analytics and then validate through testing
- Actively seek out feedback and give it thoughtfully in order to continually raise the quality of the experience
- Enable delivery by communicating design decisions effectively to ensure alignment across the development team (provide storyboards/wireframes/mockups/graphics when appropriate)
- Have worked with Agile teams communicating design research and strategy using personas, story maps, user stories, etc.
- Can’t help but think “I could make this easier to use” when looking at a website or mobile app
- Like to question the way things are done, with the goal of improving internal business methods and processes
Requirements for the Senior Position:
- B.A., B.S. in HCI, Human Factors, Information Design, Web Design or related field.
- At least 5 years experience successfully applying customer-centered design on products
- Portfolio demonstrating sound product thinking through user flows, interaction design, and information architecture
- Strong influencing, negotiation, and communication skills
- Desire to work in a team-based collaborative environment
- Experience working with and adapting UX methods for use in an Agile development environment
- An understanding of how design decisions impact application development
- Knowledge of UI and usability best practices with regards to designing web-based applications (mobile a plus)
Requirements for the Intermediate position:
Same as Senior except 2-5 years experience.
- M.A. or M.S. desired
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.