Assist animal care staff in tasks related to supporting the facility upkeep. Position used in a time of being short staffed in the Animal Care Technician job class. Responsibilities will be directed by both Supervisor or Technician Senior. Position would be Monday – Friday 6am – 3pm not to exceed 28 hrs/week.
- Transferring animals into clean cages
- Cleaning equipment locating inside animal rooms
- Sweeping/mopping and sanitation of animal rooms
- Trash removal
- Changing paper liners in animal cages
- Prepping and organizing supplies in response to rodent health management procedures
- Stocking supplies into animal rooms and taking inventory of items needed
- Sort mail and supplies sent between buildings
- Transport equipment within buildings
University of Michigan Health System conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
The University of Michigan Health System improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.