- Pharmacy Technician duties in the inpatient area may include:
- Enter medication orders into patient profiles
- Fill and deliver unit dose carts, make other deliveries
- Assist with use of automated unit dose dispensing machine (RobotRx)
- Prepare sterile products, injections and IV chemotherapy
- Retrieve medication orders from patient units
- Stock medications shelves, return excess stock to inventory
- Fill Omnicell cabinets on nursing units
- Prepare and package non-sterile compounded pharmaceuticals
- Correctly distribute controlled substances
- Prepare and deliver investigational drugs per research protocols
- Resolve billing errors, process billing for medications not dispensed through Worx
- Respond to telephone inquiries
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor to assist with preparation and delivery of patient medications
- Assist with training of staff
- Complete special projects as assigned by supervisor
- ROTATING WEEKENDS AND HOLIDAYS
- Salaries for these positions are set via a salary setting model, but offer competitive rates starting at $16.45/hour.
- For more information about the UMHS Department of Pharmacy Services, see our annual report at: https://pharmwebsp.med.umich.edu/DocumentsLibHome/UMHS%20Pharmacy%20Annual%20Reports/2015_UMHS_Pharmacy_Annual_Report.pdf
- High school diploma or an equivalent combination of education and experience is necessary.
- Ability to perform a wide range of physical activity: lifting, pulling, bending, manual dexterity movements:
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions, prioritize with accuracy and dependability:
- Fluency in reading, writing and speaking English.
- At least one year technician experience or completion of a Pharmacy Technician training program is highly desirable.
- Basic algebra also highly desired.
Licensure & Certification
The State of Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (LARA) requires all Pharmacy Technicians to be licensed. The new regulations allow for a one-time temporary license for up to 210 days, during which time a Technician must successfully complete requirements to become certified by PTCB and all other State of Michigan requirements for a full Pharmacy Technician License. UMHS Pharmacy Department provides coaching and additional information to support Technicians to become licensed.
Please visit the Michigan LARA website for more information about Pharmacy Technician licensing: www.michigan.gov/lar...548-340669--,00.html
UMHS Pharmacy requires all Technicians to be PTCB certified and fully licensed within 180 days of hire.
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
Upon applying for this position, you will be sent an invitation within two business days to complete an online pre-empoyment assessment. To ensure you receive this invitation, please add HR-Recruitment@med.umich.edu as a secure email sender in your Contacts. Applicants who have completed the assesment will be considered viable candidates for this position. (Please note, if you have previously completed the assessment, you will not receive email/be asked to completed it again.)
University of Michigan Health System conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
The University of Michigan Health System improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Although the Posting End Date may indicate otherwise, this job may be filled and closed anytime after a posting duration of seven calendar days.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.