The Licensed Practical Nurse provides nursing care as planned, directed and supervised by an RN to patients in their homes. The LPN is responsible for making observations and reports regarding the nursing needs, including the physical, psychosocial and environmental needs of patients and their families. The LPN provides home health services to patients in the home meeting all agency, state and federal regulations. As a member of a multi-disciplinary home health staff, the LPN functions as a team member for assigned individuals and families and ensures the provision of safe delivery of nursing care following all agency policies and state and federal regulations.
Nursing Specific Info
Under Michigan Law, a criminal history check including fingerprinting is required as a condition of employment or transfer for this position.
Nursing Specific Info
If you have questions regarding this posting or would like assistance with nursing opportunities please contact Nurse Recruitment at (734) 936-5183.
- Current licensure as a Licensed Practical Nurse in the state of Michigan
- Two (2) or more years of acute adult medical/surgical and or homecare experience in the last 5 years
- Proof of NAPNES certification or pharmacology course
- Ability to demonstrate excellent problem solving
- Ability to work independently in a multidisciplinary, fast paced environment as demonstrated by interview, references and performance evaluation.
- Direct experience with wound care, and oxygen therapies
- Experience in patient education (i.e. self-care, disease state management). Demonstrates proficiency with computer skills, Microsoft word, email and smart phone
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Able to travel from point A to point B throughout the workday as assigned
NOTE: Required qualifications must be met by the candidate in order to be interviewed and considered for the position.
RESUME REQUIRED (for both internal & external applicants):
You must attach a complete and accurate resume to be fully considered for this position.
- Homecare experience as a LPN in the last two years
- Certification in homecare related specialty
- Possession of broad-base skills, including experience in homecare teaching
Appointment: 40 hours per week
Shift/Hours/Days: Day shift with rotating weekends and holidays
Location: Michigan Visiting Nurse
University of Michigan Health System conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
The University of Michigan Health System improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.