How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The position will work with customers across the UMHS Enterprise as well as colleagues internal to the HITS DRA division to design, develop, and distribute reporting solutions around clinical, financial, operational, and benchmarking data from within the institution.
Support Real-Time Reporting infrastructure (Radar, Reporting Workbench, Metric Framework, SlicerDicer, etc.) as an application administrator. Function as the reporting lead on all build and security related efforts for these applications.
Lead the larger MiChart real time reporting community in the adoption of Epic released analytic solutions. Present new technologies, identify use cases, and work closely with Epic Technical Support and MiChart Application Coordinators to facilitate implementation efforts.
Provide build support to MiChart application teams as they implement Epic components and build custom reporting metrics.
Define and document standards, policies, and procedures around real-time reporting tools.
Work with supervising/project manager to develop detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in healthcare data preferred.
- Three or more years of experience working in an Epic environment
- Two or more years of experience with Epic Reporting Tools (Radar, Reporting Workbench, SlicerDicer)
- Experience working within the Cache Text environment
- Experience in data presentation and visualization
- Solid and effective written, interpersonal, and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving ability
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to work in a dynamic development environment and adjust to frequently-changing priorities and project plans
- Ability to work effectively with management, team members, and colleagues from other departments and projects
- Epic Certification in Radar Administration
- Epic Certification in Reporting Workbench Administration
- Ability to develop a solid understanding of Epic applications
- Ability to understand healthcare business workflows
MCIT - Arbor Lakes
University of Michigan Health System conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.