How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The HITS Training team at Michigan Medicine seeks an Instructional Designer/Principal Trainer for Epic eHR training. The Instructional Designer works with the application team to develop and implement the training program for their designated application.
- Master the Epic application functionality and the associated UMHS organizational workflows including obtaining/maintaining the associated Epic Certification.
- Work with subject matter experts, operational departments and application team members to perform analysis, identify training needs and obtain approval of training plans and materials.
- Select appropriate training methods, design, develop and continuously update all training materials (lesson plans, tip sheets, eLearning scripts and job aids).
- Build, test, and maintain the training environment for the designated application.
- Train and credential classroom trainers from within the organization and/or contractors to assist with end-user training.
- Monitor and evaluate training and coach as needed to ensure quality.
- Assist in supporting training and go-live activities as part of the Epic implementation and ongoing including handling Remedy support tickets and various other customer requests.
- Provide training for new employees.
- Train classes as necessary.
This position reports to the Instructional Design Manager.
A bachelor's degree or better in information systems, education or a health care related field or significant equivalent experience. At least three years of experience in adult education and instructional design, preferably focused on application training. Experience training trainers and end users. Excellent writing and analytical skills. Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills. Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
Advanced education/degree in instructional design or similar. Certification or credentialing in Epic applications. Experience in a health care related field. Project Management experience.
Skill and experience in adult education. Strong writing and editing skills. Attention to detail. Excellent time-management and self-directed work style, including the ability to meet tight fixed deadlines. Ability to manage multiple small and large projects simultaneously. Ability to provide coaching and guidance to trainers.
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.