How to Apply
This is an Advanced Practice Professional (APP) job opening.
Both qualified NP and PA applicants will be considered.
NPs are directed to apply to job #135123 and PAs are directed to apply to job #135124
A total of one (1), 0.9 FTE Advanced Practice Professional (either NP or PA) will be hired to fill this job opening.
Note: This is a 36 hour night position with rotation to days as needed. Includes weekend and holidays shifts as required by the service.
Note: This position is also posted in the Nursing job family under number job ID # 135123
Required Qualifications (NP):
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse and Nurse Practitioner specialty certification in the State of Michigan.
- Current national Pediatric Acute Care Nurse Practitioner specialty certification.
- Certification as a Nurse Practitioner recognized by the National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN).
Required Qualifications (PA):
- Satisfactory completion of a Physician Assistant program accredited by Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA) or one of its predecessor agencies, CAHEA or CAAHEP.
- Certification by the National Commission on Certification for Physician Assistants (NCCPA).
- Current license to practice as a Physician Assistant in the State of Michigan.
Required Qualifications for both NP and PA candidates:
- Demonstrated ability to positively contribute to a group/ICU setting.
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills, organization and problem solving skills.
- Ability to function independently and as a team member.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate clinical care ideas across multiple patient care services and to communicate assertively as a patient advocate.
- Demonstrated high level of critical thinking.
- Ability to prioritize assignments and manage a busy work environment.
- Demonstrated clinical leadership and experience with coordinating and managing complex and multifaceted projects.
- Demonstrated high level of motivation to learn and to participate in activities to improve patient care.
- Must reflect a professional appearance and demeanor and possess excellent customer service skills.
- ACLS and/or PALS certification current or the ability to obtain
Required qualifications must be met by the candidate in order to be interviewed and considered for the position.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the credentialing and privileging process.
RESUME REQUIRED (for both internal & external applicants):
You must attach a complete and accurate resume to be fully considered for this position.
- Pediatric intensive care experience
- Pediatric cardiac surgery or cardiology experience
- NP/PA experience
- PALS certification
- 3 years of pediatric experience
If you have questions regarding this posting or would like assistance with Physician Assistant opportunities please contact Nurse and Physician Assistant Recruitment at (734) 936-5183 or e-mail UMHS_PArecruit@med.umich.edu. For a current listing of all open PA job opportunities at UMHS, please visit www.UMHSpa.org.
University of Michigan Health System conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
The University of Michigan Health System improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.