How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
- Create and maintain Standard Operating Procedures for collection, processing and storage of tumor and normal tissues
- Maintain clinical database for the patients enrolled in tumor registry
- Assist with writing, editing, and renewing Institutional Review Board applications including consent forms, and creating and managing required clinical research billing calendars and enter subject enrollment as required in UMHS systems
- Participate in the screening and scheduling of participants paying close attention to eligibility requirements
- Consent, collect, process and deliver tumor and normal tissue from various locations throughout C.S. Mott to research laboratories
- Assist with identification and documentation of adverse events according to standard operating procedures and protocol requirements
- Collect and process patient and laboratory data for clinical research projects
- Provide patients with protocol required forms and ensure completion as needed
- Maintain accurate research records and transcribe collected data onto source documents and electronic case report forms
- Regular phone and e-mail contact with various internal and external parties and direct contact with research patients
- Update clinical and research databases as needed
- Associate’s Degree
- At least 3 years directly related clinical research experience or research data management experience
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational skills and communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, overlapping deadlines and frequent interruptions
- Ability to exercise good judgment and work independently or as a member of the research team
- Excellent computer skills
Evidence of qualifications is provided through performance reviews, personal interview and/or reference checks
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Four years directly related clinical research experience: ie: Clinical Subjects Associate, Regulatory Affairs Associate or Data Manager
- Familiar with medical and clinical research terminology
- Association of Clinical Research Professionals (ACRP) or Society of Clinical Research Associates (SoCRA) Certification
- Reasonable knowledge of University research policies and procedures
Evidence of qualifications is provided through performance reviews, personal interview and/or reference checks.
University of Michigan Health System conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.