- Ability to align institutional strategic plan with broad enrollment targets and desired mix of students
- Provide leadership and coordination for the University’s overall enrollment strategies and implementation
- Data gathering and assessment: Internal culture/environment, student enrollment behaviors and scan of external environment
- Use data results to establish focused goals each for recruitment, retention, service, etc., and enrollment projection models
- Approve strategic goals and enrollment projection models
- Develop action steps, accountability and metrics
- Implement action steps
- Monitor progress and report results to campus and executive leadership
The ideal candidate will possess the ability to:
- Serve as an active member of the senior administrative team at the University of Michigan–Flint campus providing counsel to the Chancellor on all aspects of enrollment management.
- Oversee budget, personnel, technology and workflow for a complex division of the campus.
- Oversee the recruitment and hiring of all staff under the division.
- Ensure that appropriate professional development programs are available to staff as they carry out their responsibilities for an integrated approach to recruitment and enrollment management.
- Develop and implement a strategic plan to increase enrollment including specific plans, goals and strategies for recruitment, admissions, financial aid and retention. Work collaboratively with senior leadership on establishing measureable goals for diversity, academic profile and student success.
- Actively engage in an open dialogue with faculty, parents, executive level administration, and others on matters related to enrollment management
- Actively seek innovative technologies in support of program development and implementation.
- Lead the division in the creation and dissemination of clear and compelling marketing messages to prospective students.
- Oversee the development and administration of unit budgets, ensuring that expenses are consistent with the priorities reflected in the division’s strategic initiatives.
- Master’s degree required, doctoral degree preferred. Minimum of ten years professional experience in higher education (preferably in academic and enrollment management)
- Proven experience and success supervising staff and administrators with a focus on recruitment, enrollment management or retention
- Experience and knowledge of inclusion and diversity
- Excellent communication skills
- Conflict management/mediation skills
- Experience with the assessment, design and implementation of university-wide change efforts
- Experience administering a university budget
- Proven ability to establish and maintain effective professional relationships with various university and community constituents
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
This position will be posted until filled. For best consideration, please apply by February 15, 2017.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.