How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Health Information Technology and Services (HITS) provides innovative technology and outstanding service to the University of Michigan Health System (UMHS). The Education Informatics and Technologies team, within the Education and Training division of HITS, provides overall leadership in the identification, management, and support of educational technology applications and services for undergraduate medical education (UME), graduate medical education (GME), graduate and postdoctoral studies (GAP), and continuous professional development (CPD).
Education Informatics and Technologies provides business relationship management for UME, GME, CPD and GAP. The team architects system-level solutions and provides IT strategic planning for biomedical education at the University of Michigan Medical School. We also manage the life cycle of all biomedical education products/applications.
The Education Informatics and Technologies team seeks a Systems Integration Manager to provide expertise regarding the integration of applications across biomedical education administration and delivery. A successful candidate will be able to provide solution architecture recommendations based on long-term HITS and University of Michigan Medical School biomedical education strategy. They will also be able to develop integration procedures and implement data exchange standards. A key responsibility to the team and HITS is to research and maintain knowledge of emerging technologies in biomedical education administration and curriculum delivery.
- Works with business owners in biomedical education to understand their business needs.
- Implements new products and applications to support biomedical education.
- Ensures integration between vendor products, custom software and offerings from central campus.
- Performs/coordinates necessary maintenance and upgrades for vendor products.
- Works closely with Product Lifecycle Managers to develop roadmaps for maintenance, upgrades and feature requests.
- Works with other operational staff across H.I.T.S. as necessary.
- Works with Director of Education Informatics and Technologies to develop solution architecture to support the major units of biomedical education (undergraduate medical education [UME], graduate medical education [GME], continuing medical education [CME], graduate and postdoctoral studies [GAP]).
- Works with Product Lifecycle Managers, portfolio manager and other necessary staff to keep product roadmaps in line with solution architecture.
- Utilizes MedBiquitous, IMS Global and other education data exchange standards.
- Participates nationally in the development of said standards.
- Develop H.I.T.S. procedures for the integration of biomedical education products and applications.
- Maintains working knowledge of landscape of products and applications that support biomedical education.
- Monitors 3- and 5-year trends in biomedical education IT.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field and/or equivalent combination of education, certification, and experience
- 5 years of experience in a technology related role
- 5 years' experience with providing information services, training, documentation, and configuration support
- 3 years' experience with providing one-to-one technology support within a professional environment
- 3 years' experience with managing projects in an enterprise environment
- Demonstrated experience in application development and technical environment design
- Demonstrated ability to implement vendor products in a complex technical environment
- Proven experience with a broad array of technologies and platforms that support higher education
- Demonstrated ability to leverage appropriate technical tools to manage day-to-day system administration, service restoration tasks, and root cause analysis across the biomedical education environment
- Proven ability to troubleshoot complex issues
- Demonstrated ability to lead and mentor others in managing technical environments, interacting with non-IT staff and providing quality service
- Demonstrated experience with networking infrastructure and network storage infrastructure
- Demonstrated experience with virtual machines/servers
- Demonstrated experience handling the security implications of application integration
- Demonstrated experience with a broad array of technologies and platforms that support biomedical education.
- 10 years of experience in software development, systems integration and/or solution architecture.
- Demonstrated contributions to advancing standards and technology utilized to support higher education and/or biomedical education at the national level.
- ITIL certification or working knowledge of ITIL concepts
- Knowledge of UM policies and procedures
- Knowledge of UM technical infrastructure, including LDAP, SAML, Kerebos, etc
- Experience working with the academic programs or academic medical and healthcare environments.
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
University of Michigan Health System conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.