Provide nursing care in a variety of Ambulatory Care settings with primary responsibilities in the UMHS Infusion Clinics.
- Provides nursing care for specialty and some primary care services in an ambulatory care infusion setting.
- Administers IV infusion therapy
- Works with providers and other disciplines to carry out clinical standards of care for infusion therapy.
- Initiates proper interventions for infusion related complications.
- Works with others to coordinate patient care and communicates information to health care professionals.
- Shares in lead nurse responsibilities and provides functional supervision of assistive personnel.
- The Registered Nurse (RN) supports professional nursing practice across practice settings and across the continuum of care to meet the needs of the patient and family; assesses the needs of the patient undergoing chemotherapy treatment; plans, implements, and evaluates patient care; and teaches patients, families, orients colleagues and peers.
- The RN administers injections, IV hydration, blood products, and chemotherapy if certified.
The ACNRP RN may be required to work in any of the Health Centers, as staffing requires and may be moved throughout the day due to patient acuity and census
This position includes care of adult and pediatric patients in the infusion centers. This position includes telephone management, patient and family education, assistance with procedures, daily clinic operations management, functional supervision of assistive personnel and other responsibilities as requested.
** This position involves travel to various locations within Ann Arbor and the surrounding communities, including Howell, Brighton, Ypsilanti, Canton, Livonia, Saline, Dexter, Northville and Chelsea.
**Infusion Clinics covered by this ACNRP position:
- Northville Health Center Infusion Clinic
- Canton Health Center Infusion Clinic
- East Ann Arbor Infusion Clinic
- Taubman Center Infusion Clinic
- C&W Adult BMT Infusion Clinic
- C&W Pediatric Infusion Clinic
- C&W Non-cancer Infusion Clinic
- Comprehensive Cancer Center Infusion Clinic
Nursing Specific Info
Salary & Nursing Framework Level:
This UMPNC RN posting is posted as Nursing Framework LEVEL C, includes B.
Actual Nursing Framework LEVEL and salary will be determined at time of hire.
Nursing Framework levels range from Level A to Level E.
Required qualifications must be met by the candidate in order to be interviewed and considered for the position.
Posting may be filled after the initial 5-day posting period.
Applicants who have left the UMPNC bargaining unit must include on their resume dates of past employment including months and years of service along with effort. Positions less than 20 hours/week may be combined.
If you have questions regarding this posting or would like assistance with nursing opportunities please contact Nurse Recruitment at (734) 936-5183.
- Current licensure to practice nursing in the State of MI (RN)
- Minimum of two (2) years of recent experience in adult infusion; preferring candidate to also have Pediatric Infusion experience
- Demonstrated ability to start IV's
NOTE: Required qualifications must be met by the candidate in order to be interviewed and considered for the position.
RESUME REQUIRED (for both internal & external applicants):
You must attach a complete and accurate resume to be fully considered for this position.
- At least two (2) yrs experience in a Pediatric Infusion setting
- Chemotherapy Certification (OCN) desired
- Telephone management experience
- Emergency Department experience
- Ambulatory Care Certification or Certified Infusion RN (CRNI)
- Broad range of clinical experience
- Experience as a float nurse
- BSN preferred
- Ability to work effectively with an interdisciplinary health care team
- Demonstrated accountability and dependability
- Demonstrated positive attitude, team player
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, computer proficiency
- Ability to prioritize effectively and work independently
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated flexibility and adaptability to varying schedules and different work environments
- Demonstrated exemplary customer relations skills
Hours/Week: 40 hours per week
Shift/Hours: Day shift; Mon- Fri; 8-hour shifts; variable hours between 7 AM - 6 PM
Location: Ambulatory Care Nursing Resource Pool (ACNRP)
Primary focus: UMHS Infusion Clinics (see responsibilities for list of Infusion-specific clinics)
***This position involves travel to various locations within Ann Arbor and the surrounding communities including Howell, Brighton, Ypsilanti, Canton, Livonia, Saline, Dexter, Northville and Chelsea.
This position is covered under the collective bargaining agreement between the U-M and the Michigan Nurses Association and the U-M Professional Nurse Council union, which contains and settles all matters with respect to wages, benefits, hours and other terms and conditions of employment.
University of Michigan Health System conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
The University of Michigan Health System improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.