BASIC FUNCTION AND RESPONSIBILITY
Under direction from the Preventive Maintenance Planning Supervisor, assist in the location, survey, inspection and identification of new and existing mechanical, electrical and plumbing assets and systems. Perform tasks necessary to generate preventive maintenance work requests for shops included in the preventive maintenance program. Recommend standard policies and procedures for providing routine service. Compile information into a computerized maintenance management system, create asset maintenance schedules and generate reports to effectively manage a complex preventive maintenance program. Perform database analysis on the informational needs, data relationships, proposed manipulation and data flow of the asset information and preventive maintenance schedules contained in the computerized maintenance management system. Develop and present preventive maintenance training programs for staff and customers.
TYPICAL ACTIVITIES, TASKS AND ASSIGNMENTS
· Inventory assets and systems for inclusion in the preventive maintenance program.
· Review all incoming preventive maintenance requests for completeness, accuracy and nature of work requested. Follow-up on information provided and ensure that the information is properly entered into the computerized maintenance management system.
· Perform database queries of assets and their preventive maintenance schedules and ensure the integrity of the data.
· Review plans, specifications, etc. to identify assets for inclusion in the preventive maintenance program.
· Seek input from Engineering in developing new maintenance task lists and identify new assets which will be included in the program.
· Assist supervisors, managers and directors with concerns and problems identified. Modify the preventive maintenance program, where necessary, to improve the level of preventive maintenance.
· Visit work sites, observe work in progress and constantly review preventive maintenance practices seeking opportunities for improvement.
· Prepare weekly, monthly and annual reports of preventive maintenance activities by shop.
· Conduct meetings with leadership involved in providing preventive maintenance. Train Plant Operations staff in the proper use of the preventive maintenance system.
· Review and report on completed preventive maintenance work requests to determine if time standards and job estimates are being met.
· Respond to requests for new assets or processes to be included in the preventive maintenance program.
· Other duties as assigned
· Graduation from High School or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Proven ability to coordinate multiple tasks in a fast-paced service environment.
· Proven ability to work alone in self-directed environment.
· Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
· Excellent written, verbal and listening communication skills.
· Demonstrable computer skills and a proficient knowledge of computerized maintenance software systems and Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
· Experience using a complex, computerized database for planning and scheduling.
· Experience with RS Means or other preventive maintenance planning databases.
· Experience using a complex computerized database and other computer programs such as Crystal Reports Writer.
· Ability to transport and reposition heavy objects.
· Physical mobility is required to access and visually inspect rooftops and confined mechanical spaces.
· Must possess valid state driver license.
· College degree in Engineering, Facilities Management, Computer Information Systems, or other technical area.
· Experience working in a large, complex facilities organization.
· Considerable knowledge in the methods, materials and equipment used in specific shops and trades.
· Demonstrated ability to read and interpret plans, technical manuals, diagrams, architectural blueprints and specifications used in the building, mechanical and electrical trades.
· Training and experience in utilizing the principles of lean systems management, total productive maintenance and reliability centered maintenance.
· Training and experience in the means and methods of business intelligence.
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS
No direct supervisory responsibilities. The PM Planner will assign tasks to temporary data entry clerks and provide regular reports of progress on this activity to management.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.