- Health Information Technology & Services is seeking a highly dependable Receptionist to provide high quality customer service to everyone they come in contact with for the HITS executive suite.
- Provide reception coverage for the executive suite including answering incoming phone calls and route to the appropriate location, greeting visitors, and receiving deliveries.
- Sort and deliver mail and small packages within all HITS suites within Arbor Lakes complex. Arrange for pickup of large packages.
- Maintain office supply stock for multiple HITS suites, re-order and distribute supplies as needed using Marketsite in MPathways. Order special departmental supplies for staff as requested. Periodically perform price comparisons to use the most economic vendors.
- Manage conference room schedules and departmental resources, such as parking passes. Maintain staff bulletins in suites.
- Schedule repair of faxes and copiers as needed. Monitor leased copier program status and report issues to management.
- Data entry into the departmental staff list for new hires, changes and departing employees. Maintain memberships of departmental email lists.
- Address facility issues submitted and route to appropriate resources for issues such as broken desks, lights, temperature issues in offices, etc.
- Process purchasing requests utilizing eprocurement module within MPathways. Process daily equipment deliveries.
- Perform other miscellaneous general office tasks as assigned.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in an administrative support capacity.
- Highly dependable, this position is required to work 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Monday - Friday.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and team player attitude.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills, with the ability to exercise judgment in setting priorities.
- Proficient using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Reasonable knowledge of University policies and procedures.
- The ideal candidate would also possess considerable skill with MPathways Marketsite.
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
University of Michigan Health System conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.