The Michigan Value Collaborative (MVC), housed at the University of Michigan, is seeking a detail-oriented, self-starter to join their team. As the Research Associate, you will explore opportunities designed to help hospitals across the state improve patient care and reduce costs. Strong verbal and written communication skills are critical for engaging and building relationships with hospital representatives from more than 70 MVC member hospitals. These skills will also be critical as you provide program support and foster collaboration amongst the hospital members.
MVC is a multi-hospital consortium funded by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan that aims to improve the quality of hospital-based care through the analysis of robust claims data and best practice sharing. In this position, you will work with a highly integrative group of clinicians, policy analysts, and statisticians to develop research findings, reports, and presentations used in interactions with participating hospitals, study sponsors, and collaborating programs. This position is an excellent opportunity to gain expertise with a broad range of reimbursement and payment reform programs as well as learn how claims data is used to characterize an episode of care at a hospital.
As the Research Associate, you will also play a critical role in the daily operations of the Collaborative, including development of content for MVC’s social media presence and organizing the semiannual conferences. Ideal candidates must be able to multi-task, problem-solve, and manage multiple projects at a time while paying strict attention to details and deadlines.
- Conduct research, including literature reviews, market surveys, and data analyses, and synthesize findings
- Prepare and review key project documents, including program manuals, slide decks, and methodology reports
- Manage channels for correspondence with key stakeholders
- Contribute to the management of MVC’s social media profiles and presence
- Support Coordinating Center staff with travel arrangements and transactions
- Prepare vendor contracts, including managing room and meal reservations and coordinating audiovisual equipment use
- Schedule and provide logistical support for meetings and webinars, including drafting and disseminating materials
- Bachelor’s degree, experience in a professional setting and proven ability to take initiative
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as cooperatively
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- 1-2 years of related work experience.
- Previous experience with billing and reconciliation is preferred.
- Experience with statistical software programs (SPSS, SAS, STATA) as well as internet video conferencing and social media software is preferred
University of Michigan Health System conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
The University of Michigan Health System improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.