- Execute the proper study design and statistical plan to adequately address study hypotheses.
- Write and edit programs to clean, manage, merge and analyze data
- Gather, manage, and analyze various clinical and public-reporting datasets for analysis according to established statistical methods
- Interpret statistical results and communicate information to investigating researchers
- Write technical methodology and results sections - including text, charts, graphs, and figures - for manuscripts to peer-reviewed journals and proposals to funding agencies
- See the projects through from data management to analysis and finished product
- Minimum of a Master's degree in biostatistics, statistics, or equivalent.
- Experience with advanced statistical methodology.
- Coding and analysis experience with R or SAS programming language.
- Must be able to work independently to develop and execute all aspects of a research project.
- Must be comfortable working as a team member in our thyroid research group.
- 3 or more years of experience working directly with statistical methodology and research design
- Prior experience in medical research.
- Experience with population health science or outcomes research.
- Experience publishing in peer-reviewed journals.
University of Michigan Health System conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.