Nursing Specific Info
Required qualifications must be met by the candidate in order to be interviewed and considered for the position. Posting may be filled after the initial 5-day posting period. Applicants who have left the UMPNC bargaining unit must include on their resume dates of past employment including months and years of service along with effort. Positions less than 20 hours/week may be combined. If you have questions regarding this posting or would like assistance with nursing opportunities please contact Nurse Recruitment at (734) 936-5183.
- Completion of an accredited graduate-level Clinical Nurse Specialist Program.
- Adult/Adult-Gerontology or Family certification as a Clinical Nurse Specialist through ANCC or AACN.
- Current (RN) licensure to practice nursing in the State of Michigan is required.
- Master’s degree in nursing with a clinical focus is required.
- Population focused certification as a Clinical Nurse Specialist recognized by NCSBN*
- Recent experience in assessing, treating and evaluating patients typically cared for in the clinical area of hire, including adult telemetry, general med/surg, in a tertiary healthcare environment, including the use of devices (as applicable) and pharmaceutical treatment modalities is required.
- Demonstrated ability to apply evidence-based clinical knowledge into the patient care setting via protocols, standards, and outcomes measurement is required.
- Excellent written and verbal skills as evidenced by positive feedback through references and/or evaluations are required.
- Ability to function independently and as a team member is required.
- High level of self-motivation to stay current in a rapidly changing environment is required.
- Demonstrated ability to innovatively lead complex change projects, particularly those focused on raising patient care to the highest standards, in an academic, tertiary care environment is required.
- Competence with basic computer functions is required.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently, and positively, contribute to a group/unit work setting is required.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently work collaboratively with the manager and leadership team is required.
- Previous experience and demonstrated ability to interact with all levels of internal and external personnel in an academic, tertiary care healthcare environment is desired.
- Three or more years designing, and collaborating with, the implementation of competency and education activities for nursing staff including competency programs, orientation, staff and professional development is desired.
- Strong teaching skills as evidenced by the ability to demonstrate a teachable moment, as well as, develop class content, and staff and patient education materials is desired.
- Demonstrated analytical skills necessary to gather and collate data to present recommendations for solutions to identified problems is desired.
- Demonstrated knowledge of, and experience with, the Continuous Quality Improvement process, including recent experience implementing keystone quality improvement initiatives is desired.
- Previous experience as principle or co-investigator on a research project(s) is desired. Experience in implementation of service initiatives at the unit level is desired.
- Demonstrated professional writing experience and being published in professional periodicals is desired.
- Eligible for appointment with the School of Nursing is desired.
University of Michigan Health System conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
If you have questions regarding this posting or would like assistance with Advanced Practice Nursing opportunities please contact Nurse and Physician Assistant Recruitment at (734) 936-5183 or e-mail email@example.com. For a current listing of all open APRN job opportunities at UMHS, please visit www.UMnursing.org.
The University of Michigan Health System improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.