This RN would be part of our Central Staffing Resource Department in the Pediatric Acute Care Cluster.
This cluster services the following units:
7 East: Pediatric Cancer Unit
11-West: Pediatric Michigan Congenital Heart Unit
12 East: Pediatric Medical/Surgical Unit
12 West: Pediatric Medical/Surgical Unit
CSR Quarterly Bonus:
Regular CSR RNs receive a $500 quarterly bonus, prorated to appointment fraction.
Provide nursing care to a variety of patients, across a wide range of Pediatric Medical and Surgical Specialties ages infant to young adult.
Pediatric Medical and Surgical Specialties include: Hematology, Oncology, Cardiology, Thoracic Surgery, Trauma, Nephrology, Orthopedic Surgery, Neurosurgery, Rehabilitation, Pulmonary, Infectious Disease, Liver Transplant, Genetics, Otolaryngology, and Plastic Surgery.
Family centered care is provided through collaboration with health care team members.
This posting replaces #132290 & 132292.
Nursing Specific Info
This UMPNC RN posting is posted as Nursing Framework LEVEL C,includes B.
Actual Nursing Framework LEVEL and salary will be determined at time of hire.
Nursing Framework levels range from Level A to Level E.
Required qualifications must be met by the candidate in order to be interviewed and considered for the position. Posting may be filled after the initial 5-day posting period. Applicants who have left the UMPNC bargaining unit must include on their resume dates of past employment including months and years of service along with effort. Positions less than 20 hours/week may be combined.
If you have questions regarding this posting or would like assistance with nursing opportunities please contact Nurse Recruitment at (734) 936-5183.
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Michigan.
- Two (2) or more years recent RN experience in the specialty of Pediatrics.
NOTE: Required qualifications must be met by the candidate in order to be interviewed and considered for the position.
RESUME REQUIRED (for both internal & external applicants):
You must attach a complete and accurate resume to be fully considered for this position.
- Broad range of Pediatric experience
- Experience as a float RN
- Demonstrates accountability/dependability as evidenced by completion of mandatories and unit based competencies within an established time frame.
- Knowledge of the University of Michigan Hospital nursing policies and practice.
- Demonstrates participation in continuous quality improvement process with documented results.
- Experience with family centered care philosophy
- Takes initiative in seeking professional growth.
- Computer skills: proficient in Microsoft Office and Groupwise
- Demonstrated flexibility.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with an interdisciplinary health care team and team player skills
- Demonstrated positive verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrates expertise in communication and problem solving skills within all levels of the health care team, as evidenced by interviews, documentation, writing skills, and references.
- Demonstrated positive attitude, accountability and dependability.
- Ability to work in a team atmosphere utilizing effective delegation skills.
Hours: 32 hours/week (0.8)
Shift: Nights - 12 hour shift, alternating weekends.
Location: Central Staffing Resource Department- Pediatric Acute Care Cluster
This position is covered under the collective bargaining agreement between the U-M and the Michigan Nurses Association and the U-M Professional Nurse Council union, which contains and settles all matters with respect to wages, benefits, hours and other terms and conditions of employment.
University of Michigan Health System conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
The University of Michigan Health System improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.