How to Apply
This is an Advanced Practice Professional (APP) temporary job opening.
Both qualified NP and PA applicants will be considered.
PAs are directed to apply to job # 136669 and NPs are directed to apply to job # 136668
A total of one (1), Advanced Practice Professionals (either NP or PA) will be hired to fill this job opening.
- This Advanced Practice Provider will provide health care and specialized health services to patients and families enrolled in the Cardiac Surgery Program in Cardiovascular Medicine at the CVC Clinic.
- Under physician supervision, the Advanced Practice Provider will coordinate care of clinic patient’s, perform consultations, pre-op evaluation and history, and follow up with the patients post-operatively.
- Will also provide clinical expertise and direction to support patient medication management
- Will collaborate with other care providers/consultants to coordinate and communicate clinical care
- Maintain accurate documentation regarding patient status, evaluations, and treatments to physicians, the RN/Clinical Team; streamline the patient transfer process between levels of care, including communicating specific patient needs to internal and external UMHS team members and other ambulatory care providers
- Participate in quality assurance activities including Lean Projects with the Cardiac Surgery clinical team as necessary.
- Perform other related duties as required to assure patient safety and satisfaction
- Participate in the development and presentation of educational experiences for patients, families and health care professionals.
- Utilize Service Excellence and Patient Family Centered Care in daily practice
- Abide by the standards of care and standards of practice established by University of Michigan Health System
- Practice within the regulations of the Michigan Public Health Code
NOTE: This position is also posted in the Registered Nurses job family under number 136668.
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in Michigan.
- Current specialty certification as a Nurse Practitioner in the State of Michigan.
- Graduate of Accredited Nurse Practitioner program as an Acute Care Nurse Practitioner, Adult Gerontology Acute or Primary Care NP, Adult NP, or Acute NP
- Certification as a Nurse Practitioner recognized by the National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN).
- Current license and DEA to practice as a Physician Assistant in the State of Michigan.
- Certification by the National Commission on Certification for Physician Assistants (NCCPA).
- Satisfactory completion of a physician assistant program accredited by the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA), or one of its predecessor agencies, CAHEA or CAAHEP.
- At least 2-5 years’ recent experience in a leadership role as an Advanced Practice Provider caring for Acute Care adult cardiology patients and/or acute care Cardiac Surgery patients.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and effectively with a multidisciplinary team.
- Recent demonstrated expertise performing H&P’s in the cardiac surgery population.
- Demonstrated experience with and knowledge of current medical, surgical and pharmaceutical treatment modalities of the post-cardiothoracic surgical patient.
- Ability to function independently and partner with team members to create ideal patient outcomes.
- Demonstrated commitment to patient and family centered care.
- Current ACLS credential.
- Demonstrated high level of critical thinking.
- Demonstrated high level of motivation to learn and participate in activities to improve patients care.
- Must reflect a professional appearance and demeanor and possess excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated clinical leadership and experience with coordinating and managing complex and multifaceted projects.
- Previous experience in the development of evidence based clinical protocols.
- Previous experience in professional presentations and group education.
- Previous participation in clinical research.
- Experience in program development, quality improvement, research and regulatory readiness program planning.
- Demonstrated clinical leadership and experience with coordinating and managing complex and multifaceted projects
- Previous experience in an ambulatory cardiology clinic
Location: CVC Clinic
Note: This is a temporary position without any guarantee of hours. Work could be offered intermittently.
This job posting is for a University of Michigan Temporary position. Temporary employment may be full or part time, but in either case is limited in duration. Please review the full posting description for details.
University of Michigan Health System conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
If you have questions regarding this posting or would like assistance with Physician Assistant opportunities please contact Nurse and Physician Assistant Recruitment at (734) 936-5183 or e-mail UMHS_PArecruit@med.umich.edu. For a current listing of all open PA job opportunities at UMHS, please visit www.UMHSpa.org.
The University of Michigan Health System improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.