How to Apply
Cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly related to this position.
- Update daily patient list.
- Write orders for imaging and manage coordination of follow up on other studies ordered.
- Round with the resident team in the early morning and perform individual rounds during the day to keep up with active inpatient issues.
- Provide patient education on PCNT flushes, neobladder irrigation, foley management, SPT management, ostomy care and catheter care including intermittent self-catheterization.
- Prepare patients for timely discharge process. Identify needs of the individual, family, or community as a result of the evaluation of the collected data. Report problems to the chief resident and/or supervising physician.
- Evaluate acute postoperative patients. Report findings to chief resident and/or supervising physician.
- Discuss inpatient management with consulting services. Report information to the chief resident and /or supervising MD.
- Communicate with the urology intern throughout the workday.
- Update and record changes in health status.
- Order appropriate diagnostic tests and laboratory tests.
- Identify appropriate pharmacologic agents.
- Identify non-pharmacologic interventions.
- Document care according to University of Michigan Health System standards.
- Update patient problem summary list including medications, diagnoses, allergies, procedures, past medical history, family history, and social history.
- Follow up on ordered diagnostic tests and labs.
- Maintain flexibility while providing efficient and effective support to providers and patients.
- Assist in minor procedures as directed by attending physician.
- Participate in post procedure follow-up and write orders for appropriate medical care.
- Advise patients regarding their urologic condition, wound care, and pre and post operative care.
- Participate in clinical trials.
- Other duties as assigned.
Nursing Specific Info
Required qualifications must be met by the candidate in order to be interviewed and considered for the position. Applicants who have left the UMPNC bargaining unit must include on their resume dates of past employment including months and years of service along with effort. Positions less than 20 hours/week may be combined. If you have questions regarding this posting or would like assistance with nursing opportunities please contact Nurse Recruitment at (734) 936-5183.
Nursing Specific Info
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the credentialing and privileging process.
- Current licensure to practice as a Registered Nurse and specialty certification as a NP in the State of Michigan
- Current certification to practice as an Adult-Gerontology Primary Care or Acute Care Nurse Practitioner or Family Nurse Practitioner
- Graduate of an accredited Nurse Practitioner program.
- Certification as a Nurse Practitioner recognized by the National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN).
- Current license to practice as a Physician Assistant in the State of Michigan.
- Satisfactory completion of a Physician Assistant program accredited by Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA) or one of its predecessor agencies, CAHEA or CAAHEP.
- Certification by the National Commission on Certification for Physician Assistants (NCCPA).
- Experience with surgical patient care.
- Excellent interpersonal and patient service skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, and as part of a collaborative team.
- DEA Licenses and BCLS required.
This position is covered under the collective bargaining agreement between the U-M and the Michigan Nurses Association and the U-M Professional Nurse Council union, which contains and settles all matters with respect to wages, benefits, hours and other terms and conditions of employment.
University of Michigan Health System conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
If you have questions regarding this posting or would like assistance with Advanced Practice Nursing opportunities please contact Nurse and Physician Assistant Recruitment at (734) 936-5183 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. For a current listing of all open APRN job opportunities at UMHS, please visit www.UMnursing.org.
The University of Michigan Health System improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.