To provide and promote exceptional customer service for referring physicians, patients and their families served in the Comprehensive Clinic at the Kellogg Eye Center.
- Provide check in and check out services to patients.
- Provide phone coverage for call center in clinical area.
- Schedule new and return visits determining appropriate sub-specialty within a clinic based on symptoms described and urgency of the appointment request.
- Schedule patients for consultations in other clinic diagnostic studies and ambulatory surgery, determining the sequence and coordinating times.
- Instruct patients on preparations needed for appointments.
- Maintain and update appointment schedules based on change in availability of medical and other professional staff.
- Complete financial documents including type of visit, reason for service, charge for service and diagnostic code.
- Collect cash and credit card payments from patients using established guidelines to determine patient pay portion, insurance portion or professional courtesy.
- Provide information to patients regarding billing procedures.
- Determine the necessity within established guidelines for immediate attention conditions of an emergent nature.
- Reconcile clinic cash collections daily.
- Other duties as necessary.
- High school graduation or an equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Candidate must exhibit a professional and positive image when interacting with patients, faculty and staff, and possess excellent grammar and communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Previous experience with computerized scheduling systems, basic computer applications, and multi-phone lines is desired.
- Knowledge of medical records, appointment scheduling systems and medical terminology is preferred.
- Some college desired.
This position is located in the Comprehensive Clinic in the Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences
University of Michigan Health System conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
The Kellogg Eye Center of the University of Michigan is dedicated to enhancing quality of life by preserving and restoring vision. Our guiding principles are teamwork, caring, innovation and integrity.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.