How to Apply
This is an Advanced Practice Professional (APP) job opening.
Both qualified NP and PA applicants will be considered.
PAs are directed to apply to job # 136898 and NPs are directed to apply to job # 136897
This is a Multi Fill 3 posting:
A total of 3, 1.0 FTE, Advanced Practice Professionals (either NP or PA) will be hired to fill this job opening.
- 1. Perform history taking and physical examinations.
- 2. Order treatments, medications and diagnostic studies.
- 3. Review, interpret, and manage diagnostic test data.
- 4. Write prescriptions for scheduled and unscheduled medications under prescriptive authority from the MSSU attending.
- 5. Provide patient education
- 6. Discharge patients, complete discharge documentation, and communicate with other care providers as applicable.
- 7. Participate in teaching rounds, shift sign-outs and multidisciplinary rounds.
- 8. Provide medical care efficiently in a cost effective manner
- 9. Maintain knowledge of medical principles, practices, standards, and techniques in accordance with UMHS policies and procedures, Medical Staff Bylaws and State and Federal laws/regulations.
- 10. Participate in activities that promote professional growth and self-development. Attend conferences and continuing education/staff development programs to maintain knowledge of current literature. Attend in-services, departmental and other meetings in accordance with Medical Staff Bylaws and unit performance policies.
- 11. Adhere to all UMHS dress codes, personnel and safety policies.
- 12. Apply Service Excellence commitments to daily practice.
- 13. Maintain ACLS certification and competency.
- 14. May function as a preceptor for other health care professionals.
Nursing Specific Info
Required qualifications must be met by the candidate in order to be interviewed and considered for the position.
Applicants who have left the UMPNC bargaining unit must include on their resume dates of past employment including months and years of service along with effort.
Positions less than 20 hours/week may be combined.
If you have questions regarding this posting or would like assistance with nursing opportunities please contact Nurse Recruitment at (734) 936-5183.
Nursing Specific Info
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the credentialing and privileging process.
- Current licensure to practice as a Registered Nurse and Nurse Practitioner specialty certification in the State of Michigan.
- Current specialty certification as an Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner is preferred. Will consider Adult-Gerontology Primary Care and Family Nurse Practitioner.
- Graduate of an accredited Nurse Practitioner program.
- Certification as a Nurse Practitioner recognized by the National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN).
- Current license to practice as a Physician Assistant in the State of Michigan.
- Satisfactory completion of a Physician Assistant program accredited by Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA) or one of its predecessor agencies, CAHEA or CAAHEP.
- Certification by the National Commission on Certification for Physician Assistants (NCCPA).
Required of both the NP and PA:
- DEA Licensure and ACLS certification. (May be obtained post hire).
- Able to meet all credentialing requirements necessary to obtain required privileges of service.
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently and effectively manage multiple clinical tasks.
- Demonstrated excellent organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively (oral and written).
- Demonstrated compassionate and empathetic demeanor.
- Demonstrated ability to excel in a team based model of care
- Demonstrated professionalism, consideration and confidentiality towards others in stressful situations.
- Demonstrated high level of critical thinking.
- Demonstrated clinical leadership and experience with coordinating and managing complex and multifaceted projects.
- Demonstrated high level of motivation to learn and participate in activities to improve patient care
- Able to work a flexible schedule to accommodate job requirements.
- Two (2) years or more of NP/PA experience in an inpatient/outpatient Internal Medicine, Adult Emergency Medicine, Adult Observation unit or its equivalent is desired
- Experience working with an electronic health record
This position is covered under the collective bargaining agreement between the U-M and the Michigan Nurses Association and the U-M Professional Nurse Council union, which contains and settles all matters with respect to wages, benefits, hours and other terms and conditions of employment.
University of Michigan Health System conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
If you have questions regarding this posting or would like assistance with Advanced Practice Nursing opportunities please contact Nurse and Physician Assistant Recruitment at (734) 936-5183 or e-mail email@example.com. For a current listing of all open APRN job opportunities at UMHS, please visit www.UMnursing.org.
The University of Michigan Health System improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.