How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
- Bachelors degree in Information Technology or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience
- 1+ years of experience in customer service
- Ability to employ basic reasoning skills and exercise independent judgment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, with the ability to interact effectively with employees at all levels within organization.
- Familiarity with some or all of the following technologies: Windows XP/Vista/7, Windows Server, Microsoft Office, browsers, local account management (Active Directory), scripting, installs and removals, registry, command line, help ticket systems, system management tools.
- Demonstrated ability to leverage appropriate technical tools to perform day-to-day administration tasks, root-cause analysis and service restoration (such as backup, restore, failover, log interpretation, and performance monitoring) for Windows
Experience with statistical computing programs (SAS, R, R-Studio)
ORGANIZATION: The Kidney Epidemiology and Cost Center (KECC) carries out research in epidemiology, public policy, economics, outcomes research relating to End-Stage Renal Disease (ESRD), chronic kidney disease, and organ transplantation (http://www.kecc.sph.umich.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.