The University of Michigan – Flint is seeking a highly motivated and qualified CRNA to assume the position of Educational Coordinator for the UM-Flint/Hurley Medical Center Anesthesia Program. This is a full-time, twelve month, non-tenure track position in the Department of Public Health and Health Sciences (.5 Educational Coordinator and .5 Clinical Faculty)
Educational Coordinator (50%) Duties:
- Reviews applications for admission to entry-to-practice program
- Coordinates didactic courses and student clinical rotations
- Monitors student’s case logs and seeks out required clinical experiences
- Manages communication between clinical site coordinators, students, and the Anesthesia Program
- Participates in the evaluation of student’s clinical and didactic performance
- Conducts clinical site visits as needed
- Participates in curriculum development and oversight
Clinical Instructor (50%) Duties:
- Participates in medical simulation
- Teaches didactic courses as assigned
- Advises prospective entry-to-practice students
- Follows progress, advises and maintains communication with entry-to-practice students
- Serves as an advisor on students’ scholarly projects
- Serves on appropriate committees
- Maintain clinical practice
- Doctoral degree or currently enrolled in a doctoral program
- Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing
- Graduation from an accredited School of Nurse Anesthesia
- Maintain Certification/Recertification by the NBCCRNA
- Maintain licensure to practice as a Registered Nurse with Specialty licensure as Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist in the state of Michigan
- Teaching experience
Interested candidates are asked to send resume with references listed, cover letter and copies of transcripts to: UM-Flint, Department of Public Health and Health Sciences, 303 E. Kearsley, Flint, MI 48502: Attention: Dr. Suzanne Selig.
- Experience teaching/administrating peripheral nerve blocks and chronic pain management
- Experience advising research/capstone projects
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.