The Division of Cardiovascular Medicine Special Programs is currently seeking a Temporary Patient Services Associate to assist in the delivery of patient care services for patients followed by the Adult Congenital Heart, Device Clinic, Heart Failure, Pre & Post Heart Transplant, Pulmonary Hypertension and the Anticoagulation Programs.
- Provide prompt, courteous and appropriate phone triage for patients.
- Provide complex clerical support services for the department clinical staff including obtaining medical records from multiple healthcare centers, retrieval of patient labs, and recording labs into patient’s records.
- Schedule appointments with multiple providers/disciplines and diagnostic areas.
- Using different database, registry and flow sheets for the different programs.
- Data entry and appropriate distribution of patient results.
- Preparation and distribution of patient education materials and other general office functions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or an equivalent combination of education and experience is necessary.
- Excellent phone management and customer service skills, including telephone triage is required.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with multidisciplinary teams.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Willingness and openness to new ideas and processes that improve patient care.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills with a positive attitude are desired.
- Good attendance record helpful.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel and ability to navigate between systems.
- Understands and demonstrates the core concepts of Patient and Family Centered Care (PFCC), including: Respect and Dignity, Information Sharing, Participation, and Collaboration.
- Minimum of one to three years previous experience in clinical and clerical health care setting is required.
- Epic, Cadence, and MI-Chart experience preferred.
- Positive, can do attitude.
- Customer service training.
- Always strives to be part of the solution rather than part of the problem by offering constructive, creative ideas.
40 hours, full-time. Days/ Monday through Friday. Hours can vary: 8:00-4:30p.m., 8:00-5:00p.m., or 8:30-5:00 p.m. This position is a floating position with travel to Domino's Farms and the Cardiovascular Center.
We, the staff and faculty of the U-M Cardiovascular Center (CVC) team, are committed to advancing medicine and serving humanity through living and teaching our core values of Respect and Compassion; Collaboration; Innovation; and Commitment to Excellence.
Each CVC employee is expected to understand and demonstrate that in every interaction we represent our entire organization in the care we provide and in the courtesies we extend to patients, families, and each respective team member. The CVC is dedicated to partnering with patients and families to deliver the safest and highest quality of health care. Applicants are expected to review the following PowerPoint presentation which provides an overview of the Cardiovascular Center's philosophy and culture: http://www.med.umich.edu/cvc/cvcpotentialteam.pdf
University of Michigan Health System conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
The University of Michigan Health System improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.