We have an excellent opportunity for a statistician to join our research team, where we evaluate and implement ways to make health care safer, more effective and more affordable. The Veterans Affairs Center for Clinical Management Research (CCMR) is a Health Services Research and Development Center of Innovation located in Ann Arbor, MI; we have a unique mandate to both (a) do fundamental research in data science, health services, and epidemiology, but also (b) work with operational partners in VA, the University of Michigan, and beyond to directly implement discoveries as improvements in care. At CCMR, we bring together teams of scientists, clinicians, and analysts in a particularly open environment to discover ways to make healthcare better, safer, and more affordable.
- Use advanced statistical methods to analyze data from large administrative databases across a national healthcare system.
- Stay up-to-date with emerging methods and implementation of methods using statistical software.
- Develop analysis plans under the supervision of the principal investigator.
- Prepare statistical methods and results sections for presentations, reports, manuscripts.
Key Attributes of Successful Candidates
- Comprehensive knowledge of statistical methods.
- Intellectual flexibility to adapt to emerging results and research.
- Self-starter, organized, persistent, solution-oriented.
- Effective communicator, especially when describing complex statistical models & results.
- Willingness to teach others and learn new techniques.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Master’s degree in a quantitative field, such as biostatistics, statistics, epidemiology.
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical software such as SAS, Stata, R.
- U.S. citizenship is required.
- 2 years of experience using relevant statistical software (SAS, Stata, R).
- Prior experience working with research and/or healthcare data.
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
What we will offer you -
- Experience analyzing Big Data in healthcare industry.
- On the job training opportunities for professional growth and to learn new skills for years to come.
- Collaborative work environment.
- Opportunity to lead presentations and write manuscripts for publication in academic and healthcare journals.
- The chance to solve real pressing problems, and thereby make health care safer, more effective, and more affordable.
University of Michigan Health System conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.