This position will serve as the Clinical Research Coordinator for the Cancer Center - Clinical Research Group. The candidate will be responsible for study coordination for patients on clinical trials in the Cancer Center.
- Assist study teams with aspects of clinical trial coordination including: identifying potential subjects, screening subjects, consenting and enrolling subjects, and collecting and managing patient and laboratory data for clinical research subjects.
- Coordinates and Facilitates correct timing of study visits and procedures with patients and clinic staff
- Under direction of MD- orders study specific lab work and diagnostic procedures.
- Follows up for abnormal or unexpected findings
- May perform ECG or other procedures as needed.
- Works with research lab services and staff to maintain lab supplies
- Creates source documents for accurate tracking, collection, and recording of experimental data.
- Follows through on patient complaints or questions including billing issues
- Communicates with nurses, IDS, physicians, NP’s/PA’s, phlebotomists and other research staff to correct/prevent protocol errors. Expeditiously routes AE and SAE information between staff, PI, and oversight agencies as appropriate
- Possibly attend investigator and scientific meetings
- Serves as a resource and contact person for active protocols
- Liaison between clinical team and research team to develop processes, troubleshoot complications and facilitate communication
- Integrates the workflow of many studies running simultaneously
- Maintains current PEERRS, or OHRP certification; knowledge and application of the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), Good Clinical Practice (GCP), and FDA regulations. and maintains knowledge of current ICH and CFR guidelines
- Staff members are expected to work well in a team setting, but also independently when appropriate and regularly exercise good judgment in setting priorities, resolving operational problems, and applying policies, procedures, and methods, while maintaining the strictest of confidentiality at all times.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher preferably in health science or health related field
- At least two years of experience coordinating clinical research
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft software applications.
- Excellent organizational skills including the ability to multi-task and work well under time constraints and deadlines.
- Willingness to be flexible in a dynamic working environment.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and with diverse teams of people in a diplomatic, collaborative and effective manner.
- Master’s Degree
- Clinical trials experience
- Previous experience with Epic, MiChart, Oncology research
- SOCRA or ACRP certification
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
University of Michigan Health System conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.