Opportunity to work in a team environment providing services to youth between the ages of 5–21 years old in the UMHS Regional Alliance for Healthy Schools Flint Health Centers. Support a multidisciplinary health professional team, both clerically and clinically.
- Performing standard medical laboratory tests.
- Treatment of minor illness/injury following clinic protocols, vital signs, administering immunizations, scheduling and rescheduling patients for appointments.
- Respond to general inquiries of parents, students and school staff members.
- Maintain patient files and records.
- Maintain inventory, equipment and immunizations.
- Enter patient demographic and visit specific information.
- Collect data for grant reporting.
- Position requires good organizational skills combined with excellent communication and problem solving abilities.
- General supervision is received from the site supervisor, Nurse Practitioner. No supervision is exercised.
- Position requires good organizational skills combined with excellent communication and problem-solving abilities.
- Graduation from a Medical Assistant program or an equivalent combination of education and experience is necessary.
- Some office experience is necessary.
- Certification as a Medical Assistant is desirable.
- Familiarity with UMHS policies is desired.
Hours for this position are Monday–Friday 40 hours/week.
Position is located in the UMHS RAHS School Based Health Centers in Flint, MI.
University of Michigan Health System conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Under Michigan law, a criminal history check including fingerprinting is required as a condition of transfer or employment for this position.
The University of Michigan Health System improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.