The University of Michigan-Dearborn has an exciting opportunity for a Project Coordinator at iLabs in the College of Business. iLabs, a research center established in 2006, is dedicated to advancing the understanding of innovation and entrepreneurship and how those factors impact economic development. Using market research and strategic consulting methodologies, iLabs oversees various reoccurring projects, including research studies and training programs. The Center also engages in sponsored projects for external partners and manages various entrepreneurial activities. A team of student researchers and faculty engage in the various studies and work with external partners on sponsored projects in support of the University’s Metropolitan Vision.
Under supervision of the Director, the Project Coordinator will provide operational management for the Center. The position will support and execute the following roles and functions within iLabs: Help develop, design, and conduct research projects according to plan; oversight for day-to-day operations of projects and related activities in the center; support of research assistants and oversight of project budgets; assisting in the development and implementation of organizational and administrative policies and initiatives; support the review and evaluation of organizational and program activities and outcomes; preparing presentations, papers, and reports; and may represent the organization to internal and external audiences in the absence of the Director.
Specific primary job duties include:
- Coordination of the Center’s research activities and work with student and faculty teams.
- Ensure all iLabs projects are documented in project reports and are in compliance with any and all policies regarding research requirements of the University of Michigan.
- Coordinate the Center’s engagement activities and entrepreneurial events.
- Maintain relationships with internal and external partners in support of iLabs objectives.
- Coordinate the Center’s web and social media presence.
- Keep abreast of research or programs that enhance research related to iLabs.
- Represent the Center to University administrators, faculty, business and industry, and the public.
Secondary duties related to this position include:
- Execute the Center’s policies and procedures
- Monitor the various project budgets and comply with controls for monitoring those budgets.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Other Bachelor’s degree with Business related coursework.
- Work experience in managing projects and supporting project teams.
- Demonstrated project management experience.
- Management of research projects in business and economics.
- Experience in analyzing and interpreting data and strategic information of both for-profit and not-for-profit organizations.
- Ability to manage relationships with commercial or institutional clients and customers.
- Some Post-bachelor’s coursework in Business, Public Administration, or Urban Planning.
- Knowledgeable and proficient in use of survey methodology, univariate and inferential statistical analysis.
- 3-5 years of progressive experience in a research, project management, or consulting environment.
- Background in working in an academic environment.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.