How to Apply
In order to be considered for this position, please submit a cover letter, CV, a referee letter, and the contact information for 2 additional referees as one document. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
The Emotion and Self-Control Lab at the University of Michigan is seeking applicants for a Post-Doctoral Research Fellow. Research in the lab focuses broadly on how people can control their emotions to improve our understanding of how self-control works and to discover ways of enhancing self-control in daily life. The lab adopts an integrative approach to address these issues that draws on multiple disciplines within psychology including social, personality, clinical, developmental, and neuroscience. The successful candidate will work with the lab director, Ethan Kross, to design, analyze and write-up projects that focus on current research directions in the lab (Lab link).
- Ph.D. from an accredited university in psychology, neuroscience, or a related social sciences field
- Advanced quantitative data analysis and management skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated experience preparing conference presentations, research findings, and manuscripts for submission to peer-reviewed journals
Applicants should have their Ph.D. by the time they start the position. Salary is competitive and includes full medical insurance. A two-year commitment is required.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
The mission of the University of Michigan is to serve the people of Michigan and the world through preeminence in creating, communicating, preserving and applying knowledge, art, and academic values, and in developing leaders and citizens who will challenge the present and enrich the future. The University of Michigan is committed to foster learning, creativity and productivity, and to support the vigorous exchange of ideas and information, not only in the classroom but in the workplace by:
- Creating a work environment in which people treat each other with respect and dignity, regardless of roles, responsibilities or differences.
- Providing support, direction and resources enabling us to accomplish the responsibilities of our jobs and to reach the goals that are set for professional and personal growth.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.