How to Apply
This is a term-limited position due to salary funded on a grant.
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
BASIC FUNCTION AND REPONSIBILITY
The University of Michigan School of Nursing (UMSN) is seeking an Administrative Coordinator/Project Coordinator to assist the Co-Directors and Deputy Director in the coordination of the National Program Office (NPO) of the Merck Foundation Alliance to Advance Patient-Centered Cancer Care (Alliance). Under the direction of the Deputy Director and Co-Directors, the Administrative Coordinator/Project Coordinator will be responsible for assisting with the planning and coordination of NPO activities to achieve project goals. This person will devote 100% effort to the project throughout the five (5) year period
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Coordinate and oversee the implementation of research project goals, including:
- Act as liaison between NPO team, grantees, and Alliance members including scheduling webinars, meetings, travel, and hosting event activities.
- Coordinate day-to-day website and social media maintenance including Twitter feed, photos and videos of projects, briefing materials, upcoming events, and links to publications.
- Assist co-directors with publication preparation including proofreading and preparing quarterly newsletter to be distributed to grantees and staff.
- Track receipt of financial and scientific reports and assist with monitoring the project budget with the grant accountant.
- Develop required forms and process documentation.
- Other duties as assigned or required for the project.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed and are not an exhaustive list of all associated responsibilities.
Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a health or business-related field required; a master’s degree preferred.
- Three (3) to five (5) years’ experience of progressively responsible project management support on funded projects.
- Demonstrated experience with event planning, website and social media generation and maintenance, proofreading/publication preparation, and knowledge of purchasing and contracts, invoice processing.
- Demonstrated experience in writing and preparing reports and presentations for diverse audiences.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office products at the advanced level (including MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of medical and research terminology.
- Candidate must have excellent communication skills, attention to detail, and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and the ability to build successful relationships with a wide variety of people at all levels (faculty, staff, students, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work independently with minimal supervision with diverse teams of people in a diplomatic, collaborative and effective manner.
- Demonstrated project, time management and relationship building skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving and conflict resolution skills with analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work well under time constraints and meet deadlines.
- Ability to serve diverse populations.
- A high degree of initiative and resourcefulness.
Shift/Hours/Days: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday; with some occasional weekend and/or evening hours.
Salary Range: The target salary range for this position is up to a maximum of $44,494 per year due to funding on a grant. The actual salary determined will be based on the qualifications and experience of the selected candidate. We encourage all interested parties to apply.
Please visit http://www.nursing.umich.edu/ for more information about the School.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
For questions regarding this position, please contact Dr. Debra Barton at firstname.lastname@example.org or 734-763-1188.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.