The University of Michigan Congenital Heart Center is seeking a highly motivated individual to serve as a Pediatric Cardiac Sonographer. This position is located at C.S. Mott Children’s Hospital, on the main medical center campus in Ann Arbor.
Participate as a member of the pediatric cardiology team performing echocardiograms. Our typical patients are infants and children with simple and complex congenital heart disease. There are also adult patients with congenital heart disease and some non-congenital heart disease patients (primarily pediatric). Opportunity exists for performing fetal echocardiograms for candidates with previous fetal experience. This position serves both outpatient and inpatient populations at C.S. Mott Children's Hospital.
Other duties include generating preliminary worksheets, maintaining accurate records, completing billing information, maintaining lab space and assisting with research and quality assurance protocols as needed.
- Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience in echocardiography. Certification as a Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS) will be required within 1 year of employment.
- If a Registered Diagnostic Cardiovascular Sonographer: 6 months echocardiography experience. If a graduate of an Ultrasound program: 1 year echocardiography experience. Registered or registry eligible in doppler echocardiography, trans-esophageal or stress echocardiography.
- Candidate must have strong interpersonal, leadership and communication skills necessary to work on a multidisciplinary team in a highly collaborative environment. Must be a self-motivated, highly dependable independent worker.
- Excellent customer service skills, particularly dealing with children and their families are required. Attention to detail, the ability to efficiently and effectively multitask, prioritize and problem solve are essential skills.
- Certification in BCLS certification is required.
- Completion of an accredited formal training course including certification as a Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS) is preferred.
- 3-5 years experience in echocardiography including at least one year in pediatrics. Thorough knowledge of cardiac anatomy and physiology including congenital heart disease.
- Experience imaging patients in a hospital setting including intensive care units.
The position is full time, with hours of 8:30am – 5:00pm or 9:00am – 5:30pm. Overtime may be required on occasion.
Leaders in Cardiac Care, Discovery, and Education:
The University of Michigan Congenital Heart Center is committed to comprehensive, multi-disciplinary, and expert care of all forms of congenital and pediatric-acquired heart disease across the continuum of life through:
* Compassionate, patient- and family-centered care
* Collaborative, innovative science and discovery
* Excellence in education
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.