Surgical Specialty Clinic II is dedicated to providing high quality health care services for children and adults. We are actively seeking a compassionate, enthusiastic, patient-oriented individual who will share in the goal of creating the ideal experience for our patients, families and employees. This is a unique position that will include care for both surgical and dental patients. It is located in the Craniofacial/Pediatric Plastic Surgery/ Pediatric Oral Surgery/Pediatric Neurosurgery clinic in VonVoightlander Woman’s and Children’s Hospital
- Assist physicians, nurses, residents and dental students in the treatment and care of patients including a wide variety of chair side procedures.
- Assist with preliminary patient intake including obtaining vitals documenting chief complaint and entering information into patient’s EMR.
- Review and update MI Chart as directed.
- Follow up with patients for normal and low complex test results as directed by provider.
- Ability to take Panorex, occlusal and cephelogram x-rays or willingness to become certified in dental radiology.
- Knowledge of both medical and dental related procedures.
- Maintain instrument sterilization including knowledge of high level disinfectant and quality control of instruments.
- Inventory medical supplies and re- order supplies/pharmaceuticals as needed.
- Assist in telephone triage including prescription refills.
- Completion of FMLA paperwork for patients and families.
- Contact patients post operatively and provide complex instructions according to guidelines.
- Obtain insurance authorization for prescribed medications and medical supplies.
- Review and respond to in-basket messages.
- Set self-management goals and follow up on established goals.
- High School Diploma.
- Graduation from certified Medical Assistant Program or an equivalent combination of education and 1-3 years of experience.
- Knowledge of basic medical and dental terminology.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, excellent ability to multitask.
- Willingness to work together with a multidisciplinary staff to achieve exceptional patient care.
- Excellent attendance record.
- Certification as a Medical Assistant.
- Experience working within a large complex health care setting.
- Familiarity with UMHS electronic medical record.
- Knowledge of MI Chart. Knowledge of University policies and procedures.
Monday-Friday 8:30 AM-5:30 PM
VonVoightlander Women’s and Children’s Hospital- Clinic Building
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.