The MiChart implementation team at the University of Michigan Health System seeks an Epic Beacon Application Coordinator to develop, update and maintain the Epic Beacon application. The Application Coordinator is the primary support contact for the application.
- Work with the U-M business community, end users, and Epic representatives to ensure the system meets the organization's business needs.
- Understand the choices involved in application specifications.
- Perform in-depth analysis of workflows, data collection, report details, and other technical issues associated with Epic software.
- Investigate end users' preference while making build decisions.
- Analyze business operations as they relate to build decisions.
- Follow the build guide and all decisions related to standardization.
- Prioritize and implement requested changes to the system.
- Analyze new functionality in releases to determine how it should be used.
- Review and coordinate software updates and changes.
- Review and test each new release.
- Collect information regarding potential system enhancement needs.
- Prepare details of specifications as needed.
- Develop and document internal procedures to use in conjunction with Epic applications.
- Maintain rules for how each new version is released.
- Establish change control processes and procedures for the system.
- Participate in training and work with end users.
- Troubleshoot problems and questions from end users.
- Work with report writers to ensure that the application has the necessary reports.
- Analyze data conversion needs.
- Ensure that data coming across an interface into an Epic application meets the business need.
Skills and characteristics of a successful Application Coordinator include the following:
- A deep understanding of Oncology and its end-user community.
- The ability to lead meetings, prioritize, resolve conflicts, maintain issues lists, and manage a project plan.
- Ability to work collaboratively with teams of all sizes.
- Ability to multi-task complex work assignments.
- Willingness and strong aptitude to learn new technologies and assume increasing responsibilities.
- Ability to work in a dynamic development environment and adjust to changing priorities, processes, and project plans.
- Exceptional communication skills, professional image, confidence in dealing with complex business situations.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Licensure in good standing, or immediate eligibility for licensure, as a registered nurse in the state of Michigan.
- Experience with or certification in Epic Beacon application.
- Oncology certified nurse (OCN) certification
- Minimum 3 years experience in oncology services preferred.
- Project management experience.
- Business Analysis and workflow experience.
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.