The Domino's Farms Family Medicine and Japanese Health Program clinic is seeking a Patient Services Assistant. This position provides general clerical support in a patient care environment. Responsibilities include; provide excellent customer service to patients and others, schedule patient appointments, perform check-in and check-out duties, utilize superior telephone etiquette in clinic/call-center, registration duties, collect cash and credit card payments
- Candidates must have excellent customer service, verbal, written, interpersonal, communication skills and ability to work in a team setting.
- Excellent attendance.
- Exhibits professional and positive image when interacting with patients, faculty, and staff.
- Demonstrates strong problem-solving skills and make informed decisions.
- High School diploma or an equivalent combination of education and experience is necessary.
- Some clerical experience, preferably in a medical setting.
- 0-2 years' of experience.
- Demonstrates active listening, written, verbal and information technology skills.
- Experience in a patient care setting and familiarity; preferably in a large complex health care setting.
- understanding of medical terminology.
- Experience with MiChart.
- Knowledge of University policies & procedures.
This position is 40 hours/week with variable hours Monday - Friday and rotating Saturdays.
University of Michigan Health System conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
The University of Michigan Health System improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.