- Ensure efficient patient flow in examination, consultation and treatment rooms.
- Prepare patient rooms for visit/procedures by setting up all instruments/supplies; clean examination rooms between patients.
- Chaperone provider as needed.
- Assist with diagnostic procedures and treatments.
- Provide information to patients as directed.
- Provide clinical assistance by taking vital signs, drawing blood, preparing specimens and assisting patients.
- Operate and monitor patient care equipment; set up instruments/supplies in exam and treatment rooms.
- Assist with patient lab result collection and disbursement.
- Perform some or all clerical duties.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and problem solving skill demonstrated by current position.
- Involvement of process improvement as described in current position.
- Demonstrates leadership ability in commitment and compliance to the UMHS policies and procedures. Strong accountability and follow through with clinic judgment.
- Graduated from an accredited Medical Assistant program
- Currently in a Medical Assistant role with clinical experience.
- High School Diploma
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology
- Moderate standing/walking, as well as, lifting, positioning. pushing and/or transferring patients.
- Oncology experience
- Urology experience
- Certified Medical Assistant or Registered Medical Assistant
- Experience working within a large complex health care setting.
- Familiarity with Michigan Medicine electronic medical record systems.
- Knowledge of university policies and procedures.
Monday through Friday - 40hr position
- Monday and Wednesday - 9:30am - 6pm
- Tuesday and Friday - 8:30am - 5pm
- Thursday - 9am - 5 :30pm
University of Michigan Health System conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
The University of Michigan Health System improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.