How to Apply
To be considered for this position, a cover letter is required and should be attached as the first page with your resume.
The West Ann Arbor Health Center – Parkland Plaza is the newest Ambulatory Care facility dedicated to providing high quality health care services for adults and children. The brand new 2-story facility is located 380 Parkland Plaza in Ann Arbor. We are actively seeking compassionate, enthusiastic, and patient-oriented individuals who will share in the goal of creating the ideal experience for our patients, families and employees.
To be considered for this position, a cover letter is required and should be attached as the first page with your resume. The cover letter should address each of the following points:
1. Describe your experience and why you believe you would be a good fit for this position at the West Ann Arbor Health Center - Parkland Plaza.
2. Outline your customer service experiences which would be applicable to this position.
3. Describe why you choose a career in the healthcare field.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
- Financial: All documentation contains accurate and complete information. Reconciles financial statement and is able to facilitate solutions when discrepancies occur. Manages purchases within budgetary guidelines. Coordinates the processing and completion of various site business transactions. Able to perform multiple tasks in a timely and efficient manner with continuous regard to details.
- Problem Solving: Uses creativity and knowledge of Michigan Medicine resources to identify options when problem-solving is required. Is able to gather necessary information and include appropriate stakeholders in decision making. Recognizes diversity and is able to incorporate customer needs in decisions when applicable.
- Human Resources: Processes posting/hiring paperwork, job data changes, and other functions utilizing the Wolverine system. Processes monthly and bi-weekly payroll and reconciles payroll reports for accuracy.
- Special Assignments: Independently seeks to keep abreast of change and process improvements. Seeks to identify and fulfill customer needs. Supports change and process implementation with a positive attitude. Collaborates with management/lead staff to facilitate various projects, schedules, and reports. Participates in site regulatory compliance efforts (e.g. committees, updating the Red Boards, etc.).
- Administrative Support: May maintain calendars and meeting schedules for the management team or staff groups. Manages meeting scheduling, agendas, and/or minutes. Performs secretarial support duties as assigned.
- Relates work and job purpose to the Michigan Medicine mission and commitment to putting patients and families first.
- Interacts effectively and builds respectful relationships within and between units and among individuals.
- Communicates effectively in ways that enhance productivity and build respectful relationships. Demonstrates active listening, written, verbal, and information technology skills. Shares relevant information.
- Seeks constructive approaches to resolving workplace issues.
- Adheres to high standards of personal and professional conduct.
- Responds positively to change, showing willingness to learn new ways to accomplish work.
- Fosters mutual respect and supports Michigan Medicine commitment to diversity. Promotes community building and diversity initiatives that help employees learn and respect each others’ differences.
- Contributes to a safe and secure environment for patients, visitors, faculty, and staff by following established procedures and protocols as appropriate by job function.
- Adopts practices to improve work processes, enhance customer satisfaction and ensure excellence in daily work.
- Accomplishes work in ways that maximize productivity and available resources while minimizing waste.
Related Duties - Perform other related duties as assigned.
Supervision Received - General supervision is received from Health Center Manager.
- High school education or equivalent and four years of experience.
- Experience within an ambulatory setting.
- Knowledge of University policies and procedures.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.