How to Apply
A cover letter must be combined into a single document with your resume. They cannot be submitted separately.
The University of Michigan-Dearborn (UM-Dearborn) is one of the three campuses of the University of Michigan. UM-Dearborn, a comprehensive university offering high quality undergraduate, graduate, professional and continuing education to residents of southeastern Michigan, and attracts more than 9,000 students. Our faculty comes from respected universities and doctoral programs, are recognized for excellence in research and teaching, and are active in professional and academic service roles in their respective fields. US News and World Report recently recognized our campus as a Best Regional University.
The campus is located on 200 acres of the original Henry Ford Estate. Dearborn is centrally located within one of America's largest business regions. The geographically diverse area provides faculty with a variety of urban, suburban, and rural areas within a reasonable commute, including Detroit, Detroit suburbs, and Ann Arbor.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with faculty, staff, students and the public
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Demonstrated excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to operate motor vehicles
- Ability to perform a wide range of physical activities in extreme weather conditions, including lifting a minimum of 50 pounds, pushing, pulling, climbing, reading, kneeling, bending, stooping, stretching, reaching, carrying, climbing stairs etc.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills, including initiative, enthusiasm, and a deep respect for individuals
- Receive, sort, deliver and pick-up mail to addressee by hand or four wheel cart daily
- Maintain records of registered, certified, and insured mail
- Transport and pick-up postal mail to US Postal Office once a day
- Transport postal meters to a US Post Office for recharging
- Operate a postage meter machine and seal out-going mail
- Wrap packages in accordance with postal regulations
- Clean assigned area of work and equipment
- Process commercial parcel services packages and maintain commercial parcel services log
- Must have a high school diploma
- Must possess and maintain a valid State of Michigan driver's license and a good driving record
- Excellent organizational, prioritization, responsiveness, and attention to detail skills
- Demonstrated experience working in a collaborative, team oriented, office environment
- Knowledge of Microsoft Suite i.e Word, Access, Power Point, and Excel
- Knowledge of Google doc’s
- A certified Hi-Lo driver
Monday-Friday from 8:30 am- 5:00 pm.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.