How to Apply
This is an Advanced Practice Professional (APP) job opening.
Both qualified NP and PA applicants will be considered.
PAs are directed to apply to job # 137641 and NPs are directed to apply to job # 137639
A total of one(1), 1.0 FTE, Advanced Practice Professional (either NP or PA) will be hired to fill this job opening.
- Work closely with the house officers in the evaluation and management to this patient population.
- Participate in daily morning rounds.
- Ensure timely documentation of daily progress notes and operative notes.
- Order and interpret diagnostic, laboratory and radiologic studies.
- Process patient care orders using the electronic ordering system.
- Respond to floor calls from nursing and allied health personnel.
- Obtain surgical consents.
- Perform wound dressing changes and obtain tissue culture specimens.
- Effectively communicate with members of consulting services to ensure timely patient care.
- Participate in the evaluation and development of recommendations for consult patients.
- Prepare discharge summaries, write prescriptions, including narcotic prescriptions.
- Coordinate discharge care and follow-up.
- Provide patient education.
- A successful candidate will work in coordination with additional advance practice professionals within the division to ensure coverage of all services.
Required Qualifications (NP):
- Current licensure as a Nurse Practitioner in the State of Michigan.
- Current licensure to practice as a Registered Nurse and Nurse Practitioner specialty certification in the State of Michigan.
- Current specialty certification as an Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner, Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner or Family Nurse Practitioner.
- Graduate of an accredited Nurse Practitioner program.
- Certification as a Nurse Practitioner recognized by the National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN).
- Current license to practice as a Physician Assistant in the State of Michigan.
- Satisfactory completion of a Physician Assistant program accredited by Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA) or one of its predecessor agencies, CAHEA or CAAHEP.
- Certification by the National Commission on Certification for Physician Assistants (NCCPA).
- DEA Registration.
- Minimum of two (2) years' experience with surgical patient population.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and patient service skills.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, problem solve, and delegate effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and as part of a collaborative team on the Gynecology Oncology Service and with other mid-level providers.
- Demonstrated leadership in a professional healthcare setting and other professional activities.
- Operating Room experience
The selected candidate will be required to work in multiple clinical locations on the University of Michigan medical campus including the Comprehensive Cancer Center and the C.S. Mott Children’s and Von Voigtlander Women’s Hospital.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the credentialing and privileging process.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
If you have questions regarding this posting or would like assistance with Physician Assistant opportunities please contact Nurse and Physician Assistant Recruitment at (734) 936-5183 or e-mail UMHS_PArecruit@med.umich.edu. For a current listing of all open PA job opportunities at Michigan Medicine, please visit www.UMHSpa.org.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.