How to Apply
- Submit a cover letter and resume as a single PDF.
- Specifically state the reasons for your interest in this position and describe the key skills and experiences that directly relate to this position.
M-CHAMP (Michigan Center for Health Analytics and Medical Prediction) is seeking a motivated and highly organized administrative assistant. M-CHAMP is a new group of research investigators representing six U-M schools and colleges and is an affiliated center at IHPI (Institute for Healthcare Policy and Innovation). The primary goal of this multidisciplinary group is to launch a new Data Science initiative to address pressing clinical issues, improve patient outcomes and reduce healthcare spending.
This will be a split position (50% M-CHAMP, 50% administrative support to Dr. Brahmajee Nallamothu, interventional cardiologist and M-CHAMP faculty lead). The individual who fills this role will report to the M-CHAMP Program Manager.
- Provide administrative support to M-CHAMP staff and leadership.
- Screen, prioritize and route written, electronic correspondences, phone calls, and outside requests, responding as appropriate on behalf of M-CHAMP. Initiate, compose, edit, proofread, and type correspondence, strategic documents, and PowerPoint presentations.
- Provide staff support for M-CHAMP meetings and subcommittees; track action and pending items and assignments. Schedule and attend meetings as requested to document and publish meeting minutes, schedule follow up meetings and publish agendas.
- Coordinate M-CHAMP correspondence with the Michigan Institute for Data Science.
- Manage M-CHAMP visiting faculty travel, accommodations and calendar and handle reimbursements.
- Extensive calendar scheduling for Dr. Nallamothu, including multidisciplinary faculty group meetings at IHPI and the Medical campus.
- Maintain updated CV & Biosketch.
- Manage travel arrangements. These duties include, but are not limited to, the development of itinerary flight schedule and reservations, ground transportation, hotel accommodations, conference registrations and other applicable arrangements and completion of travel expense reports. Prepare, submit, and reconcile financial processes and statements such as hosting expenses, tuition support, P-Card reconciliation and Remedy Procurement.
- Process invoices & reimbursements.
- Coordinate Medicine HSR Group monthly meetings.
- Schedule meeting conference rooms & audiovisual conferencing services.
- Support manuscript development, reference organization & formatting, and publication related duties.
- Order & coordinate meeting refreshments.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in an administrative support capacity.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience is necessary.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and team player attitude.
- Proficient in Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Concur, Blue Jeans, M-Marketsite, Google calendar.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational, multi-tasking skills and ability to work independently with minimal supervision and regularly exercise judgment in setting priorities.
- Ability to manage a fast paced professional work environment.
- Experience with off-site meeting coordination.
- Reasonable knowledge of University policies and procedures.
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.