The University of Michigan School of Nursing (UMSN) is looking for a temporary Facilities Assistant with a positive outlook and flexible attitude to perform a variety of general office duties. This individual will work closely with the Facilities Manager and the Office of Business & Finance.
- Assist in creating a welcoming, safe, organized, efficient and professional office environment
- Assist with general facilities management duties such as key requisitions, key logs, work order follow-up, space analysis, data collection & entry, etc.
- Provide general clerical support as assigned, which may include data entry, photocopying, creating labels, scanning, faxing, maintaining supplies inventory, and file organizing
- High school graduate with a high school diploma
- Experience in an office and/or customer service oriented environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office products (including MS Word, Outlook, and Excel)
- Ability to lift 35 pounds
- Must have a professional demeanor and presentation of self
- Demonstrated excellent customer service skills
- Must possess a high level of attention to detail
- Demonstrated initiative and reliability in previous roles
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices
- Ability to work with a large and diverse population of people
- Knowledge of basic clerical procedures
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.