To assist the Adult Bone Marrow Transplant (BMT)/Leukemia Teams and Pediatric Bone Marrow Transplant (BMT)/Pediatric Hematology Oncology(PHO) Team with facilitating the testing and scheduling of complex types of appointments.
To provide general administrative and payroll support to the Adult BMT-Leukemia ACU, Pediatric BMT-PHO, including the Operations Managers & Nurse Manager.
- Attend a variety of meetings, including workload, lab and staff meetings.
- Place office & clinic supply orders, as necessary.
- Request outside reports, slides & CDs.
- Maintain online tasks and schedule calendars.
- Specialized, detailed scheduling of complex treatment plans, multi-level, multi days, timeframe specific.
- Maintain detailed new patient list.
- Participate in creating efficient patient flow coordinating with nursing/medical assistant staff and faculty.
- Serve as a resource for physicians and other staff, patients and outside third parties for insurance authorization and other managed care issues.
- Respond to patient inquiries related to special requirements of insurance plans, directing patients to insurance carrier as needed to address coverage.
- Assist Clinic Managers with P-Card reconciliation.
- Answer phones and triage appropriately, receive/sort/distribute mail and faxes, organize/maintain files.
- Maintain complex calendars, schedule meetings, conferences and other appointment/engagements as requested for the ACU Nurse Manager and the ACU Clinic Operations Managers.
- Provide resources to meetings, including materials and AVI equipment, preparing agendas, taking minutes.
- Assist with special projects and serve as back up to other ACU support personnel as needed.
- Serve as backup for preparation and processing of payroll for bi-weekly and monthly pay periods. Ensure payroll is timely and accurate. Process prior payroll period adjustments and/or off cycle deposits as needed. Review and reconcile Gross Pay Registers, as necessary.
- Review and maintain staffing grids, work with staff and management to ensure grids are accurate.
- Maintain all ACU personnel folders, ensure folders are up to date and set up new employee folders.
- Assist managers with call in and coverage, including working with ACNRP, as needed.
- Assist in scheduling conference rooms.
- Prepare minutes for the management team
- Assist with special assignments as needed.
- Other duties as necessary.
- Associate’s degree or the equivalent combination of education and previous experience.
- Three to five years of highly responsible office/administrative experience.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and organizational skills, ability to set goals, organize/prioritize tasks effectively and efficiently.
- Strong customer focus.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and work both independently and as a member of our team; proven. ability to be responsible for fulfilling requests.
- Ability to appropriately handle confidential and sensitive information.
- Ability to compose and produce professional correspondence.
- Excellent attendance record.
- Attention to details.
- Possess excellent people skills and able to work within a group.
- Ability to be flexible in a variety of work settings and to adapt easily to different processes and procedures.
- Demonstrates active listening, written, verbal and information technology skills.
- Exhibit expert computer skills, including the ability to demonstrate proficient use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education and previous experience.
- At least two years of experience in a hospital or clinical setting.
- Reasonable knowledge of medical terminology.
- Reasonable knowledge account reconciliation.
- Reasonable knowledge of University Hospital policies and procedures.
- Previous experience in University software system desired, including M-Pathways, Onestaff/ANSOS, M-Learning and Wolverine Access.
- Knowledge of UMHS policies and procedures.
- Experience working within a large, complex health care system.
Evidence of qualifications is provided by previous employment, references and performance evaluations.
Monday thru Friday; Days, hours TBD
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.