Researchers at the University of Michigan School of Public Health are seeking a motivated individual to manage a multi-site project engaging youth living with HIV. The candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the project in collaboration with other research team members and the project counselors who provide support to the youth through cell phone, internet assisted counseling, and SMS. This project is part of the Adolescent Trials Network and requires the ability to implement protocols, monitor trial progress markers, and engage with representatives from diverse sites. The candidate should have experience managing research projects, with participation in interventional, HIV-related, youth-focused or network based projects a plus.
This is a term-limited position through May 31, 2017; possibility of extension dependent on sponsored funding.
- Oversee day to day implementation of the project intervention
- Supervise research staff and project counselors
- Contribute to finalization of study protocol
- Develop site specific protocols and engage with implementation sites
- Provide trainings
- Collect and manage project implementation data and progress markers
- Contribute to writing and presentations
- Protocol development/management
- Interventional research
- Experience working with individuals with HIV/youth living with HIV
- Multi-site research studies
- MA in behavioral/social sciences (psychology, public policy, public health, or related field) or equivalent experience in research project management
- Strong management and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- A commitment to contributing to a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment for all members of our community
Applicants must include a cover letter, resume, and 3 references.
Salary dependent on experience.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.