To provide health care to patients and families in Geriatrics Clinic at East Ann Arbor.
- Supervision of professional nursing practice is received from the Nurse Manager for the Internal Medicine clinics
- Supervision for delegated medical functions is received from designated physicians and the Medical Director at the clinic
- Independent clinic visits in collaboration with a physician
- Communicate plan of care to referring physicians and other health care providers to ensure collaboration and safe patient hand offs
- Provide and document patient and family education plans
- Incorporate research findings into clinical practice and integrate quality assurance into practice
- Serve on clinical committees as appropriate
Education and Professional Development
- Participate in the education of health care professionals and students through mentoring, participating in inservices, seminars, and formal presentations
- Participate in professional activities that contribute to the advancement of the NP profession, such as professional associations and publications
- Develop ones own clinical knowledge and skills through continuing education programs, course work and reading professional literature
- Participate in ones own performance evaluation and establishment of plans for self development and learning
- Abide by the standards of care and standards of practice established by Michigan Medicine, University of Michigan
- Practice within the regulations of the Michigan Public Health Code
Nursing Specific Info
Required qualifications must be met by the candidate in order to be interviewed and considered for the position. Posting may be filled after the initial 5-day posting period. Applicants who have left the UMPNC bargaining unit must include on their resume dates of past employment including months and years of service along with effort. Positions less than 20 hours/week may be combined. If you have questions regarding this posting or would like assistance with nursing opportunities please contact Nurse Recruitment at (734) 936-5183.
- Current licensure as a Nurse Practitioner in the State of Michigan.
- Current licensure to practice as a Registered Nurse and Nurse Practitioner specialty certification in the State of Michigan.
- Current specialty certification as an Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- Graduate of an accredited Nurse Practitioner program.
- Certification as a Nurse Practitioner recognized by the National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN).
- At least two (2) years recent experience (within the last five (5) years) as a Nurse Practitioner in the medical care/management of geriatric patients in a doctor's office or clinic setting, with extensive knowledge and application of evidence based medicine.
- Have DEA or ability to obtain in first 30 days.
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively in a multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated high level of critical thinking
* Required qualifications must be met by the candidate in order to be interviewed and considered for the position.
* Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the credentialing and privileging process.
RESUME REQUIRED (for both internal & external applicants):
You must attach a complete and accurate resume to be fully considered for this position.
- Experience in working with patients and families with multiple chronic diseases and their self- management.
- Demonstrated partnership and leadership with members of the health care team in current chronic care initiatives as validated by performance evaluations and references.
- Experience as participant in continuous quality improvement.
- Familiarity with patient and family issues which occur across the spectrum of Alzheimers disease and non-Alzheimers dementia.
- Demonstrated excellent teaching abilities.
- Experience with Electronic Medical Record
Hours/Week: 40 hours/week
Shift/Hours/Days: Day Shift
Location: Geriatric Clinic, East Ann Arbor Health Center
NP Tier 1
This position is covered under the collective bargaining agreement between the U-M and the Michigan Nurses Association and the U-M Professional Nurse Council union, which contains and settles all matters with respect to wages, benefits, hours and other terms and conditions of employment.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
If you have questions regarding this posting or would like assistance with Advanced Practice Nursing opportunities please contact Nurse and Physician Assistant Recruitment at (734) 936-5183 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. For a current listing of all open APRN job opportunities at UMHS, please visit www.UMnursing.org.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.