This temporary hourly position requires participation in the conduct and design of laboratory experiments related to the characterization of physical, chemical, and mechanical properties of pharmaceutical materials and the development and application of analytical methods such as UV spectroscopy and HPLC. Processing and analysis of data and performance of statistical analysis is required. Responsibilities also include organization of data for the preparation of progress reports and the development of experimental procedures and test controls.
- Conduct of experiments using established procedures to measure mechanical properties of pharmaceutical materials
- Carry out the quantitative analysis of laboratory samples using common analytical methods with strong emphasis on UV spectroscopy, HPLC analysis
- Basic laboratory maintenance, ordering supplies
- Design of experiments
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1-3 years of laboratory experience
- Basic wet laboratory skills, quantitative analysis experience, preparation of standard solutions and standard curves, use of an analytical balance. Ability to follow equipment operating procedures. Follow safe laboratory practices. Ability to lift and manipulate specialized equipment components weighing approximately 5 pounds.
- Principles of quantitative analysis, attention to detail
- Use of Excel for data entry and analysis, Word
From 1-3 years of analytical laboratory experience. Mechanical aptitude is a plus.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.