How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The Business and Finance portfolio (B&F) executive leadership seeks a dynamic individual who desires to join a team seeking to be leaders and best in what we do; We Make Blue Go. The position, which reports to the executive vice president and chief financial officer (EVPCFO), will serve the executive leadership team and participate as a member of and senior advisor to the team. The position provides strategy leadership and consulting to the EVPCFO and members of executive leadership in areas of organizational development, strategic planning, portfolio engagement, leadership onboarding and communications. The position also implements or provides oversight to programs and initiatives that enhance the effectiveness of the 2300+ professional, administrative and union staff members who work in B&F. Included in the B&F portfolio of activities are Facilities and Operations, Finance, the Investment Office, the Shared Services Center and University Human Resources.
- Plan, facilitate, coach and support the CFO leadership team in its efforts to set and track annual tactics to achieve its strategic plan goals
- Facilitate and manage B&F Customer Survey program
- Facilitate and manage B&F Employee Satisfaction survey program
- Facilitate and manage B&F Forum Planning Committee
- Facilitate and manage implementation of B&F DE&I plan and Co-facilitate B&F Diversity Committee
- Manage B&F Supervisor Onboarding Leadership Training
- Coordinate and participate in the CFO portfolio outreach and communications efforts and update of B&F website
- Coordinate the EVPCFO performance management system and compensation plan through the utilization of evaluation strategies, data and analysis in consultation with the AVP HR
- Directly supervise 1 full time assistant and from time-to-time several student workers and contractors.
- Represent the CFO and B&F with various constituents and at functions and in activities as deemed needed
- Special projects and duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 5 years experience in a related role requiring confidentiality, timeliness, organization, prioritization, and troubleshooting to successfully achieve results
- Demonstrated creative and analytical approach to issues
- Demonstrated problem solver
- Ability to assess competing priorities, manage workflow and meet operational deadlines in a complex organization
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills, and experience presenting complex analyses in a variety of executive forums
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and tolerate a moderate degree of ambiguity
- Demonstrated project management skills and experience
- Reasonable knowledge of “lean thinking” concepts in planning and operations analysis
- Reasonable experience using data management software
- Experience managing the participation and input of diverse stakeholders as part of a project or other initiative
- Ability to organize and schedule people or tasks, including developing realistic action plans that are sensitive to the availability of resources and time constraints
- Ability to work both collaboratively as part of a team, and independently in a dynamic environment with multiple and sometimes conflicting priorities
- Ability to work in open, collaborative space and ability to work in a fast-paced environment and be able to effectively manage uncertainty.
- Strong relationship-building skills, including the demonstrated ability to build consensus among a decentralized stakeholder base
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.