How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should explain your interest in the job, and highlight any experience with clinical information systems.
The School of Dentistry is pursuing a creative and challenging initiative to establish a dental electronic health record (EHR) in the cloud. This is a two year term limited position that will assist with the transition and is an integral part of a high performing and innovative team that supports the mission of the school. This position will provide clinic flow analysis and documenting while also providing backfill support for the current patient information system. Key duties of the role include:
· Process flow analysis and documentation for clinical activities and patient flows.
· Assist Tier 3 application support on patient, student and research systems.
· Data analysis, queries and updates through a variety of tools in support of existing EHR.
· Analyze current reports and data to assist migrating or rewriting
· Determine whether a gap in the new cloud EHR requires this report to be ported/re-written in the new system.
This position is term limited for two years. There will be evolving needs and opportunities that require a flexible approach to adapt to changing specifics, and to assist the team in bringing reliability, stability and credibility to the replacement EHR in this most significant undertaking.
Analyze business and clinical information needs for Dental School clinics with concentration on the MiDent patient management system.
-Document and refine service scope and objectives through collaborative interviews and fact finding to assess clinical information reporting goals and needs.
-Learn and understand patient information system called MiDent, along with the related data and reports.
-Assist with end-user help to guide data clean up and process improvements.
-Present options for improvements and make sound suggestions with significant input from clients and management that move the school towards its vision.
Enhance, support, and implement EHR components of MiDent patient information system.
-Take lead role to support current EHR for faculty, staff and students to include billing and financial reports, student data loads, and related web applications.
-With guidance from senior team members, analyze, update and document clinical activity flows for our 22 clinics and various ancillary services.
-Analyze, propose and improve data quality and reports to aid the migration to the new cloud EHR.
-Assist and innovate with processes to enhance system reliability, information security, cost effectiveness, cloud adoption, and interoperability for new and existing services with MiDent.
Functional and technical coordination of projects
-Utilize collaborative methods and documentation tools to continue providing high level of service quality.
-Facilitate successful changes and through immersion in client environment, testing, training, documentation, and verification of data.
-Communicate regularly and openly with participants of disparate interests in an engaging transparent manner using a variety of media.
Other systems projects as assigned for data delivery, reports, implementation, research, integration, etc
• Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience with SQL query or similar tools, database technologies, and reporting with tools like Cystal, Tableau, Business Objects.
• Related experience of 3-5 years is minimum required for Intermediate level.
• Excellent communication skills are required as demonstrated by building relationships, open and friendly interactions, initiating communication, responding to others in a timely manner, respecting diversity and the opinion of others, and exhibiting a confident and positive attitude.
• Excellent attendance record.
• Excellent attention to detail.• Excellent ability to multitask
• Experience in Linux, scripting, PHP or other web languages.
• Experience with patient information systems.
This position is located at the School of Dentistry at 1011 N University Ave
This position may be underfilled at the lower classification or Associate level. Starting salary and position are dependent upon the qualifications and experience. The requirements listed above reflect the Intermediate level, but those with less years of experience are also encouraged to apply. Salary range for the Associate level: $38,000-$49,000.
• Creative Problem Solving with Strategic Thinking
- Defines a problem, analyzes causes, targets possible solutions, communicates the best solution and develops action plans.
- Continually evaluates existing processes, products or services and uses creativity to improve upon them.
- Anticipates problems, takes advance actions, solicits resources to solve them.
- Builds a case for action; involves others in the decision-making process; communicates decisions.
- Discerns when it is necessary to seek authorization.
- Accommodates multiple demands for commitment of time, energy, and resources.
- Advocates strongly for new ideas, processes and/or service in order to increase efficiency, quality, and customer/client satisfaction.
- Prepares organization/unit (through words and examples) to anticipate change.
- Continues to improve methods to collect and analyze data for decision making.
- Assesses long term consequences when implementing short term solutions.
- Outlines criteria that enable others to be more efficient.
• Position requires compliance with HIPAA, U-M, state and federal regulations and standards.
• Occasional evening or weekend work is required to test, upgrade or maintain solutions during off-hours.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
M-Dentistry Mission: Advancing health through education, service, research and discovery.
Successful candidates will be expected to demonstrate in this role the following core values, but not limited to:
Compassion: Encourage a culture of collaboration, collegiality and helpfulness based on empathy and respect.
Leadership: Shape the future leaders of dentistry.
Excellence: Intend to be the best at all we do.
Responsibility: Promote integrity, professionalism, and accountability to ensure ethical decision making.
Trust: Commit to honest transparent communication to build relationships.
Creativity: Challenge existing knowledge to foster problem-solving and new discovery.
Inclusion: Embrace and celebrate our diverse community.
The mission of the University of Michigan is to serve the people of Michigan and the world through preeminence in creating, communicating, preserving and applying knowledge, art, and academic values, and in developing leaders and citizens who will challenge the present and enrich the future. The University of Michigan is committed to foster learning, creativity and productivity, and to support the vigorous exchange of ideas and information, not only in the classroom but in the workplace by: -Creating a work environment in which people treat each other with respect and dignity, regardless of roles, responsibilities or differences. -Providing support, direction and resources enabling us to accomplish the responsibilities of our jobs and to reach the goals that are set for professional and personal growth.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.