How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Procurement Services has an exciting opportunity for a Contract Administrator Intermediate to join the Print and Professional Services team. We invite well qualified candidates to apply for this position. The selected candidate will manage strategic procurement activities for assigned commodities/services to include the full range of activities for the acquisition of goods and services for the University. Participates in the development, fulfillment, administration and monitoring of contract requirements.
- Participate in strategic sourcing initiatives, identify and analyze potential sourcing opportunities, engage customer focus groups. Manage contract life cycle for strategic supplier agreements.
- Evaluate and process procurement requests associated with assigned contract category portfolio, assuring appropriateness of purchase, bid specifications, and compliance with university policies and procedures. Assist with evaluation, supplier selection and awards following the proper procurement process.
- Negotiate terms and conditions as assigned.
- Roll out and implement the awards of business across campus acting as liaison between the suppliers and customers to implement contracts.
- Effectively communicate all contractual requirements and procurement policies and procedures to university faculty, staff and suppliers.
Identify and achieve incremental cost savings opportunities with current strategic suppliers:
- Review spend data from internal and supplier provided data
- Establish relationships with supplier representatives to collaborate on opportunities
- Work with focus teams to identify areas of need among end users
- Implement savings opportunities
Promote the Strategic Sourcing Initiatives and awarded Strategic Suppliers:
- Conduct pre-bid meetings with potential bidders to promote the benefits of the program
- Analyze reports to determine leakage and strategize to mitigate
- Communicate with the end user community
- Take leadership role in managing the strategic supplier relationships
- Coordinate marketing programs for promoting the strategic awards
Work closely with the procurement supervisor and other procurement leadership to develop and implement procurement initiatives that improve procurement processes, increase contract compliance, and reduce purchase and invoice transactions.
Strong candidates will have prior purchasing experience with a concentration of skills in leading sourcing projects, the negotiation of contract terms and conditions as well as in supplier management, development of RFP/RFQ specifications.
In addition, this position requires: a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management or related field or equivalent experience; 3 - 5 years relevant progressive purchasing experience; strong contracting and negotiation skills; excellent customer service and communication skills; and a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and diplomatically with all levels of an organization.
This role demands the ability to manage multiple priorities and complex projects simultaneously, along with excellent leadership skills, including the ability to work effectively in a team environment and to make decisions without direct supervision within stated scope.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.